Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

The difference between moms & dads ...

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:41 AM
  • 4 Replies

Most days I am ashamed to think I was ever married to DD's father ...

So as he bailed on me for his regular custody weekend, XH took DD Sunday to Monday.  I'll try to make this story short and just give you the point by point :

• He was 1/2 hour late to pick her up on Sunday
  • Didn't remember she had gymnastics yesterday
  • Didn't remember where the gym was and called me in a panic at the last minute
  • When I picked up the phone I hear him yelling at DD for not knowing the street (HELLO she's 9)
  • After gym class (7h30pm) he brought her to eat McDonalds,  she had a big Ice tea
  • dropped her off at home 50 minutes later than he was supposed to, passed her bed time
  • today was her first day back in school

I mean is it just me ?  Not feeding her dinner before gym and feeding her McDonalds & liquid cafeine just before bedtime ??  Relying on a 9 year old for directions when he could have looked it up on the net, on his phone or Oh Jeez, maybe on the detailed e-mail I sent him Months ago !!!!!!!!  but no, he doesn't care, he doesn't read anything that doesn't concern him,  No respect for her routine or bedtime...  Anyways should be free and clear of him for 2 weeks now and for that I breathe a sigh of relief!

Has your DH or XH ever pull stupidities like this too ?

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Men in general do this kind of stuff. He propably figured she knew where it was so why bother. Or his phone gps got him turned around (mine does it often). As for dinner. .. again he probably just got her fed with whatever was closest and didn't think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I'm sorry you have to deal with his bull...  That's one of the many reason I am so happy that I got full sole custody of my dd and my ex is nowhere to be found.  We haven't seen or heard from him in about 5 years...  I thank God every day he has no influence on her, the POS he is.  

Like you I am ashamed to even think I was married to that man...  The only good thing he ever gave me is my dd.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I can only wish he'd be out of the picture ... but unfortunately no.  Worst thing is, he thinks he's a good parent.  His stupidity never ceases to amaze me. 

Quoting Briesmom38:

I'm sorry you have to deal with his bull...  That's one of the many reason I am so happy that I got full sole custody of my dd and my ex is nowhere to be found.  We haven't seen or heard from him in about 5 years...  I thank God every day he has no influence on her, the POS he is.  

Like you I am ashamed to even think I was married to that man...  The only good thing he ever gave me is my dd.

sheri305
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Quoting conniejo75:

Men in general do this kind of stuff. He propably figured she knew where it was so why bother. Or his phone gps got him turned around (mine does it often). As for dinner. .. again he probably just got her fed with whatever was closest and didn't think.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)