Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

my baby will only drink..... & yours?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:17 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
She is 16Months tomorrow. She will only drink milk or water. She doesn't like juices. She will drink some powerade when sick. She dislikes pedialite. And it wasn't easy getting her to drink powerade. She only likes the dark blue one. She. Doesn't like bread on her food. And her after meal snack is strawberries. They don't last a day in this house. She loves fruits and veggies.. apple's used to be her everyday, she has trade them in :)

I need to take lessons from her.. no soda, or other sugary drinks, -no breaded foods lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sugarandstones
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:41 PM
No picky eaters or drinkers?
Looneyfarmmom
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is the same way. He is seven years old and eats better than most adults. Although... don't bring Oreo's in this house. He will eat them all. Even if you hid them from him. 

Looneyfarmmom
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

As for juice we stick to a lot of natural juice with no added sugar or juices like the "Naked" or "Odwalla" juice. My son seriously love them.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Sounds like my 13 year old.  She only drinks water.....nothing else.  Won't eat things like pizza, cake, ice cream,  chips, etc - would live on veggies.  She's been like this her entire life.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Quoting sugarandstones:

No picky eaters or drinkers?

I don't really consider it "picky" if they are choosing only healthy stuff.  To me 'picky' is the kid who would rather have a PB sandwich at every meal instead if something healthy like chicken, veggies, etc.

faeryfrog
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My DD is 3 and will only drink water, she's had a few sips of her cousins juice here and there but she hates it. She also doesnt like many fruits, bananas, pears and melons is all she'll eat. She loves almost all veggies though, and adores almost any and all carbs

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:37 PM

DD ate a TON of stuff at 16 months and now at 4 years, she's picky as all get out and it drives me insane! DH and I are picky in our own ways, but we've tried VERY hard to get her to not be, offering her a lot of things we don't even eat or at least making sure she tries everything we do eat.....yeah.....but at least she's not a sugary drink fiend and will ask for candy (a piece) 2 or 3 times a week is all. not a big cake or cookie fan either. but loves noodles and we've tried the ones made with veggies, she can tell! picky palate!

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Bump!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN