Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Vaginal or C sectiont

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM
  • 90 Replies
Ive had both. The C section was emergency of course. Now they're asking me what I want to have a c-section or vaginal for this baby. I have no idea really. I wanted to have a vaginal birth with last baby and maybe with this baby unless something happens. What do you think. If you have a choice would you take vaginal or C section don't forget to have a 1 year old baby she will be 5 months shy of 2 years when he is born. Thank you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
burgandymonroe
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:00 PM
I was induced on the 12th of February and was in labor for two days when the finally did a c-section. My daughters cord they found upon doing the c-section was around her neck so I am so happy they did the c-section.
SuperPickle
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:03 PM

My first ended in an emergency c section and when I had my second our hospital did not allow vbacs(which I think was a bunch of BS, but a rural hospital was my only choice) plus my second was breech anyway, third was just a repeat again.

of course I would have liked to give a vbac a go, but it just wasnt in the cards, my kids are here safe and sound so in the end that is all that matters.

Also the recovery from the 2nd and 3rd c sections were FAR easier than the first.

MrsJoe125
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I had five vaginal deliveries.  I know a couple of women who had c-sections with their first and had two more c-sections.  One was my grandmother, so there was "no such thing" as VBAC (Vaginal Birth After C-section) back then.  The other was a friend whose oldest was about four years younger than my oldest, but we were the same age (she went to college before getting married and starting a family, I did it the other way around).

If I could find a dr (or midwife) who will help with a VBAC, then I'd want to try to go the vag route.  That's just me and I did things as naturally as I could with my pregnancies and labors & deliveries.

saltlifemama
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I only had vaginal deliveries. My sister however the two vaginal, a emergency c-section, a planned c-section(twins) and since then has four normal vaginal. She said she would never have another c-section else the baby was at risk. The recovery time is so much longer.

OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:16 PM

My first was an emergency c section. My 2nd was also a c section since the hospital that I went to didn't allow vbacs. 

shay0810
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:22 PM
My first was emergency section... Dr didnt do vbacs, so second was scheduled section... Wish I would have changed doctors. I always wanted a natural birth!
snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:26 PM
I had all 4 vaginal.

I would really look into vbac. Recovery from a vaginal birth is a lot easier then a c-section.
I wouldn't schedule anything unless there's a medical reason or emergency.

The best bet to try to avoid one is to not be induced and not rush to the hospital at the first little sign of labor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tueborvita
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

All three of my boys were vaginal births and au natural.

Sarlinda
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I had two c-sections. The first was emergency and the second was by choice because I had my tubes tied anyways.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I had a natural child birth - I almost ended in a emergency C section because it was not going well but no matter how much I pleaded for one, my doctor told me to give it one last shot - forcepts had to be used and I needed stitches but we pulled thorugh. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)