Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

testing for gifted program update

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:04 PM
  • 7 Replies

hello my son took the test for the gifted program at my request and he said most of it was really hard do you think that could mean he is not quite as gifted as i thought he may be

my son did end up getting into the gifted program.  the more i talked to people i realized the test is supposed to get hard thats how they determine the scores.  ty for your responses

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:05 PM

When they tested my son they tested him until he could go no further.  Maybe he's just remembering the end?  You'll just have to wait for the results.

iggy297007
by New Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:07 PM

i know its just now i am second guessing my choice to test and am hoping im not pushing him to hard

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:54 AM

The tests are designed to be tough so they can properly place them if they do prove to be gifted.

koalasami
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:58 AM

They are intended to make them think.  When my daughter took hers when she was very little some of the questions were in Spanish so she thought it was very hard but she did qualify for gifted.  I ended up leaving her in a regular ed classroom though because in our district putting her in gifted would have meant switching schools and I did not want that.

mommy2585
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Gifted education varies a great deal between school districts, too. My older daughters attended a school that only offered a "highly gifted" program. It required an IQ score of 145, so they were not given services. At the new school district, their scores would have been way above the threshold for the elementary gifted program, but they are now in middle and high school. It frustrates me, because they both were bored in the regular classes and now they have motivational problems. :(

Sarlinda
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I'd love to have our youngest dd tested. How do you have it done? Just let them know at school?

iggy297007
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:48 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN