Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Anyone Else An Independant Consultant/Designer? Questions--Not Brand Specific

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM
  • 12 Replies

I'm just starting with a company--how did you get started, customer wise?  I made a fb page but after that what should be my next step?

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RutterMama
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:02 PM

It totally depends on what it is you make/ sell. I have a business that I've had for nearly 2 years. I'd like to help if I can.

jillian_G1
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:47 PM

What kind of business do you have??

i have a event planning business, I can help.

Kellileanne
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:27 PM

It's south hill designs lockets.

Quoting jillian_G1:

What kind of business do you have??

i have a event planning business, I can help.

jillian_G1
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Awesome, so you sale jewerly. Give me a link, I might be interested in buying from you. I have an event planning business called Special Moments. I run it from home. I have a Facebook page and working on a website. I go to vistaprint for all my business tools. They have websites, business cards, marketing, google search, flyers, banners, anything you would need for your business. They are really cheap too. I think I pay like $8 for 250 business cards.

go to vistaprint.com, you will love it I promise.

my fb page

http://www.facebook@specialmoments.com

also take business cards everywhere, give one to everyone you talk to!!

Kellileanne
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:35 PM
When I get back on the pc in the morning I will post the link.

Quoting jillian_G1:

Awesome, so you sale jewerly. Give me a link, I might be interested in buying from you. I have an event planning business called Special Moments. I run it from home. I have a Facebook page and working on a website. I go to vistaprint for all my business tools. They have websites, business cards, marketing, google search, flyers, banners, anything you would need for your business. They are really cheap too. I think I pay like $8 for 250 business cards.

my fb page

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:41 AM

I sell Plexus Slim. I post on FB, I have shirts that name some of what the product can do that I wear all over. My family spreads the word for me, and I hand out samples so people can try the product for themselves. Some people hold contests on FB, making auctions, give prizes to people who share your page. 

I do plan on selling some of my crafts eventually, once I get good enough at them. I'll do the same thing. 

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:24 AM
I am not any more, but I would leave catalogs and cards at dr offices, dentist, tables at the mall, restaurants, pretty much anywhere I went
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nhia
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Hi, make sure to take advantage of the free social networks. Engage with potential customers online. FB is a great way to start. Create a LinkedIn page as well. Make sure you tell all of your friends and family and to add them to both networks. Join various forums and talk to people online. Make sure your pages have activity. This is one of the ways I use to build my customer base. I am an Independent Beauty Consultant and have been able to build a lifestyle change for me and my family by using social media to build and grow my business. 

Kellileanne
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Here's the fb page:  http://www.facebook.com/southhilldesignsindependantartistkellirhodes?ref=hl

And the direct link: http://www.southhilldesigns.com/kellirhodes/default

Quoting jillian_G1:

my fb page

MommyMichelle03
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Make sure you find out about every vendor event near you and enter. Have a drawing to give away a free product or a gift card or something like that. This builds your customer database. Then wait a few days and call everyone who signed up and talk to them about what you do. They may even wish to join your team! You can always check out vistaprint.com for free business cards or postcards and hand them out to everyone. Put them on car doors. If your company does parties, make a goodie bag and include a letterr about yourself, a business card, and a small catalog if available. Also include a Smarties candy with a tag attached that says "Be a smarty and book a party!" Good luck to you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)