Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms
Do you get along with your parents? Since my dad passed away, my mom and I can't seem to get it right. It's like he was the glue in our relationship
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
AmesCSki
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:11 PM
My father passed away 2 years ago, he and I got along fairly well. My mom has done nothing but cause me stress since he passed so I try to keep my distance but when she gets going on the guilt trips I have to communicate with her and see her more. I dread her calls, I hate visiting her. Ugh. I'm a bad person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambertreas76
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:13 PM

My mom died almost 5 years ago.  She and I didn't talk for a couple of years before she died.  I was the black sheep when I was 5 and she married my stepdad.  They had his son and a son together.  I just got lost.  They'd forget my birthday, not let me out of the house (which changed once I was a teen).  My 'real' dad passed when I was 14 but I never knew them.    

nurbabe82
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I was super close with my mom before she passed. My relationship with dad is good and with my stepdad. My stepdad and I became a lot closer after she passed.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I get along great with my mom. I suspect it's because we don't live under the same roof. I didn't see or talk to my dad for many years after he left us, I was 14 y/o. I started talking to him again, phone only, when I was in my 20's. He passed away almost 12 years ago. I went to the funeral but I never saw him face to face while he was alive.

sweetmissy_05
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Yes. For a long time my mom and I never got along, growing up...but now we do.  And I have always been close to my dad too.

saltlifemama
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:24 PM

I get along with my mom for the most part. I never was close to my dad though.

K8WillBLast
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Yes I get along with my parents...don't get me wrong, I get aggravated at them from time to time, but other than that we have a wonderful relationship.

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:08 PM
My mother and I were never close. After dad died, her and my sisters started some bullshit and I haven't spoken to any of them since.

Dekotasmama
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM
It was hard for me but now I do but I don't live in the same state as them so its pretty much phone calls and vacations to go seem them .
SunCrazy
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Yes
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)