Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms
Do you get along with your parents? Since my dad passed away, my mom and I can't seem to get it right. It's like he was the glue in our relationship
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Replies (21-30):
christineT79
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I have a tough time getting along with my mom. She's very very very different than me. I mostly get along with my dad & me & my sister have had a troubled past but we get along alot better now that we are grown up & have our own kids.

SuperHumanC
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Our relationship is complicated. It has good times/bad times. I guess that's normal.

Peechi81
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:55 PM
I moved in with my aunt when I was 12. My mom died when I was 15. I see my dad maybe once a year. So not too much of a relationship there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:59 AM

My mom and I talk regularly but we aren't especially close. I don't talk to my biological dad at all and my step dad and I were never close and we really only talk for holidays, and then again it's forced small talk. 

I'm close with my grandma and aunt though. 

chinosruca
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:05 AM
I didn't get along well with my mom unril my dad passed away in 2000. Now......I CAN'T BEAR TO THINK OF LIFE WITHOUT MY MOM! She is the glue that keeps me sane.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:34 AM

This sums it up for me right here!!! My dad is a piece of work so that's another story!

Quoting Knightquester:

My mom and I get along great now.  We had a rough patch in the past when I was first starting my family.  I can't blame her given it couldn't have been easy cutting the parental strings and letting go of her only daughter.  We have an adult relationship now but it took some tough words said on both sides and understanding of where each other stood, and learning each others boundaries.

LivinDeadGurl
Starting a new job next month! So excited!
Yesterday at 11:56 PM
by Maranda on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Yes, I get along with them.

timefor2
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Yes, for the most part I do get a long with my Mom, it has not always been this way though. Me and my Step Dad get a long perfectly! I also have a good relationship with Bio Dad as well, he has only been back in my life for 8 years.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:25 PM
My dad was an abusive drunk and I haven't spoken to him in almost 29 years. My mom passed away in 2005 and thankfully before she died, she and I mended fences because we were not getting along for a long time. I miss her so much and I would give anything to have her back.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EmilyJ604
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:19 PM

My parents and I are extremely close. My husband makes fun of me because I have to talk to them everyday. I cant imagine ever losing them or not talking to them we only have a short time on earth so I will live mine to the fullest everyday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)