Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Working on birthday parties *edit*

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter will be 3 in April.  She can't decide what she wants to do for her birthday this year lol.  That's a work in progress.

Now my son who will be 6 in June knows exactly what he wants to do.  He wants a Six Flags birthday.  Like actually going to Six Flags.  So here's the plan.

Us (4)- have season passes

His friend's family (4)- can get in free with our bring a friend passes

SIL's family (3)- are getting season passes

my brother's family (2-4 depending on where the boys are)- their bring a friend passes.  Might have to buy one pass or have one pass extra

my bils might be getting passes.  If they do we will invite them and have 2 more bring a friend passes.  If my brother's boys are gone we will invite them and pay for 1 of them.

my parents have already offered to pay for themselves.

So that's 15-18 people depending on how it works out.  We might have to pay for 1 or 2 people but not many.

Oh and we will just have to make sure every car has someone with a free parking pass (my family has 4 of them)

Ok now this is where it gets complicated (because that was so simple right?)  We need somewhere to do cake and presents!  We were thinking about stopping at Chipotle on the way home.  But we would have to pay for all of these people yikes!  It would be about $9 for the adults and $3.50 for the kids.  5 kids-$15 and 10-13 adults-$90-$117.  I guess that's not too bad for that party with all of those people!

Leave it to my son to complicate things lol.  What do you think?  Any suggestions?

*edit*   We can't do anything in the park because there is no outside food allowed and we have food allergies.  We can take food in for those of us with allergies but we aren't supposed to for those without.  I wonder if maybe I could call them and get permission to take in some unfrosted cupcakes and a tub of frosting for the others?  There are 6 of us who are gluten free/sugar free/artificial everything free and they do not have a single thing in that park that can accomidate our dietary needs.

Because of this things like dairy queen or any cake served by a restaurant is not an option.  We have picky eaters and grain free people as well.  Chipotle is the only place we can think of that will meet all of our dietary needs.

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Replies (11-20):
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:20 AM
What about packing or buying sub sandwiches and eating at a roadside park or rest area.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:21 AM
I may have missed it, but how far from your house is Six Flags?
XVAmomma
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this
You'll undoubtly need to eat something while at Six Flags so do this or tell your family that you'll pay for a light snack or a treat while at the park but if they wish to join you at the restaurant then you would appreciate that they pull their weight. If you let them know in advance and politely it shouldn't be a big deal.

Quoting tel4him:

Tell your son that Six Flags is his birthday party.  Bring a candle and lighter.  While you're there, buy him an ice cream cone to put it in and sing "Happy Birthday" with everyone gathered around.  Easy, peasy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saltlifemama
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I would have a cake before and then at some point in the day get the entire group to sing to him.

We havent talked about parties yet. Ds2's is June 29th and Ds1's is a long way off in Oct. Last it was discussed Ds2 wanted to go bowling like ds2 did last year. Knowing him that will change 20times though.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Is there not a pic nic area on the way home ?  Bring the cake in a cooler and after Six flags stop somewhere on the "side of the road" and have a birthday picnic.  Other option ? is there a dairy queen on the way home ? Pre-order a cake, give them a call before you leave, Stop there and have the cake, it will cost you the cake and that's it, you can sit down and have the cake there !

LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Thats not bad at all. Im doing a build a bear/bounce house party for my soon to be 4 yo in Feb. It will cost 250 for 6 kids and 8 adults. It includes a bear for each child, bear outfit for my dd, pizza, juice, a 2 hr room rental and half hour bounce time. Then I will have to cough up another 260 for a present, decor, bday outfit, and supplies for cake and veggie/fruit tray. And I thought I was doing well on costs lol

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:07 PM

About 2 1/2 hours

Quoting ScrChk23:

I may have missed it, but how far from your house is Six Flags?

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:09 PM

6 of us cannot eat in the park.  If they want to eat in the park that's going to have to be up to them.  Usually we pack a lunch to eat in the parking lot before we go in and then we take some food in because well, they can't stop us because of our dietary needs.

I could buy everybody dinner for the same price as a light snack in that place!

Quoting XVAmomma:

You'll undoubtly need to eat something while at Six Flags so do this or tell your family that you'll pay for a light snack or a treat while at the park but if they wish to join you at the restaurant then you would appreciate that they pull their weight. If you let them know in advance and politely it shouldn't be a big deal.

Quoting tel4him:

Tell your son that Six Flags is his birthday party.  Bring a candle and lighter.  While you're there, buy him an ice cream cone to put it in and sing "Happy Birthday" with everyone gathered around.  Easy, peasy.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:09 PM

There's a rest area.  Other than that there's not one that I know of for miles and miles.  The kids would all be asleep.

Quoting Jinxed8:

Is there not a pic nic area on the way home ?  Bring the cake in a cooler and after Six flags stop somewhere on the "side of the road" and have a birthday picnic.  Other option ? is there a dairy queen on the way home ? Pre-order a cake, give them a call before you leave, Stop there and have the cake, it will cost you the cake and that's it, you can sit down and have the cake there !

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:20 PM
I agree.

Quoting mybabytristan:

See if there is a place on the way to stop ...a restaurant that serves birthday cakes too. Let fam know you'll pay for cake and something to drink????

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Good point.  Thanks.  I guess I could put cupcakes in an ice chest in the car.  Or do cake before.

Quoting mybabytristan:

Do cake before you go...its in june a cake will melt in your car

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN