Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

when do you start play dates?

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:09 PM
  • 7 Replies
I have a 6mo old that has no close cousin of the same age. So I was thinking to ask moms in my home bf support group if they want to meet up once a week or twice a month. But is that too early?

Also if so what are some of your recommendations? Should I ask them to come to my house? Should we do sort of a picnic at a park? What have you done?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:27 PM

DS went in his first play date at almost 5 months old... it was a park playdate at 10am

DD went on her first playdate at a month old...  

when the kids were that little we started playdates at 10.. as they got older we adjusted.  now that they are in school its after school, or in the evenings after activites

XVAmomma
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:16 PM
So what do you do bring a toy and some snacks (mainly for the moms unless kids are at eating ages)? Do you just let them enjoy each others company? I never been to a play date I have 6 sibblings. So we were enough to play by ourselves. lol

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

DS went in his first play date at almost 5 months old... it was a park playdate at 10am

when the kids were that little we started playdates at 10.. as they got older we adjusted.  now that they are in school its after school, or in the evenings after activites

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RutterMama
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Whenever it's workable for you!

elzmnsf
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly at 6 months our play dates were more for mom than for baby , lol! But it is a nice way to get to know others with the same situations as you. And shortly they will be able to play together and make friends and that relationship between the adults will already be established. At 6 months we would go walking or do tummy time on a blankie at the park, or to the library for story time or even just go to Starbucks for a coffee. It was fun and a nice way to break up the monotony of cook, clean, diapers, boobs, lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:17 AM
1 mom liked this

kids had their own toys (so we brought our own) teethers, etc.  had snacks and lunch for the moms, or we everyone would bring something...

each child was different.  my DS was the youngest because he was an Aug baby.  but we were all 2007 moms.

as they got older, it got much easier.. but it was more for us moms to just get together and hang out.  much easier when the kids are so small, because you can weed through those who you may not get along with before the kids actually form friendships

Quoting XVAmomma:

So what do you do bring a toy and some snacks (mainly for the moms unless kids are at eating ages)? Do you just let them enjoy each others company? I never been to a play date I have 6 sibblings. So we were enough to play by ourselves. lol

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

Misha1204
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:00 AM
1 mom liked this
This......they're never too young.

Quoting RutterMama:

Whenever it's workable for you!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XVAmomma
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Honestly I could use some mom friends near home. But I want kids that do interact my LO is very sociable he even plays with his own shadow. LOL

Quoting elzmnsf:

Honestly at 6 months our play dates were more for mom than for baby , lol! But it is a nice way to get to know others with the same situations as you. And shortly they will be able to play together and make friends and that relationship between the adults will already be established. At 6 months we would go walking or do tummy time on a blankie at the park, or to the library for story time or even just go to Starbucks for a coffee. It was fun and a nice way to break up the monotony of cook, clean, diapers, boobs, lol!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)