Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

How many pant sizes did you go up throughout your pregnancy?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:46 AM
  • 36 Replies

I would like to have a game plan, for shopping reasons mostly. Since I'm not working, I'm trying to hit clearance and ebay as I see good deals. I do not have any of my maternity clothes from 5 yrs ago.

During my 1st pregnancy , I gained a total of 30 lbs and besides the belly, much of it was in my hips and thighs. I went from a size 8 to a 10 by the 3rd trimester. I am currently 8w and barely fitting into my pre-preg pants, a problem I didn't have until my 2nd trimester the 1st time around. I am thinking that I will probably need to start at maternity 10 and I may end up going through 2 more sizes total. 

In your 2nd pregnancy (if applicable), was the weight gain like your first, and if not, does this strategy (10-12-maybe 14) seem sound? I expect I'll get a bit bigger than the first time around. 

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kbug3
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:59 AM
Went from size 8 to a 14. Back to an 8 again 1 yr later.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kbug3
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:00 AM
I gained more with my 3rd but I was older and I wasn't vegan that time. Different variables I think.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:39 AM

10 to 14 in my first, but I was also wearing a lot of strechy pants that were sizes L and XL....was back in pre pregnancy clothes in a few months. Jiggly belly, but at least it was smaller hah!

pregnant with # 2 right now so we will see how it goes! I think I'll get bigger this time around.....I started showing sooner anyway.

ashmac03
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:42 AM

My maternity clothes were the same size I was before I was pregnant.  However, I wore very few maternity clothes while pregnant since I was pretty tiny.  I just went up sizes in regular clothes.  I started at a 2/4 and wore an 8 at the end of my pregnancy.  Or I went from a small to a medium.  

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I bought maternity clothes in medium which was my pre pregnancy size.  I didn't go up any sizes.  I just wore maternity clothes.

mommy2cristian
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Huh.  Maybe try to buy stuff with as much elastic as you can.  With my 1st I went out & bought maternity pants that I could never get into.  With my 2nd I think I popped real early but just stayed there the rest of the pregnancy.  I ended up wearing the same clothes I wore pre-pregnancy.  Drawstring pants or elastic ones.  To be honest I don't gain weight during pregnancy because I can't really eat.  It's after my kids I went up. lol.  Good luck!

CaileighsMom608
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:05 PM

i gained 45 with my first 60 with my 2nd and 17 with my 3rd.  Watch what you eat and you will be fine.  My 3rd pregnancy I literally came home from the hospital about 27 hours after birth weighing exactly what I did pre baby.  BEST PREGNANCY ever!

saltlifemama
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I went from an 8 to a 10 with both boys. I never bothered to buy maternity stuff. I went right back to my size 8 with in days of having both boys.

I think it depends on how you carry the babies as well. I carried mine up high and never showed until 8months.

piratepixie
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:16 PM

i don't remember with my first pregnancy but, with this one i didn't gain any weight so the only thing that grew was my belly... i can still fit into the pants i wore before, i just cant zip them up. i still fit in some of the same tops i did before as well, but my belly sticks out on some and they don't cover it very well..........

la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:19 PM

0 before pregnancy and went up to a size 4. Happy with my size.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN