Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your mother live with you and your family......

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:33 PM
  • 15 Replies

I live with my DH hubby and the kids as well as the Grinch aka my mother.  She is a miserable cranky selfish pain in my ass.  She can suck the fun out of any room.  She nags my kids belittles my existance.  

I know you are all going to say that I should move out and you be 10000000% right but living with her allows for me and DH to go to college.  My boys are old enough to look after themselves after school if I am not here.  She doesn't babysit  bc the boys are 15 and 12 they dont need her.

She merely gets in the way.  Before I go on and on and on with thetemper tantrums that my 61 yr old throws almost daily my question is this......

Does anyone else share my pain?  

I am not looking for a solution to the problem just similiar stories of suffering.....lol  

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytycon
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Yes my mother does. She's not all that bad it just sucks cause we have no privacy and she is very nosey. She helps with my boys though. It's a no win situation
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OHgirlinCA
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:37 PM
No, but I'd welcome her with open arms if she needed to live with us. She doesn't drive me or my hubby crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CaileighsMom608
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Its becoming very annyoing to me that I have to make 2 seperate dinner most nights because my mother prefers all her food bland.  She is very over dramatic if she doesnt like something.  She makes gagging faces and purposefully spits the food into the trash can. 

I try very had not to let her get to me but but that soooo insulting.  I am no gormet chef but I cook well.  Its just hurtful because she makes a dishes that dont like that she LOVES and I pretend to eat them and disgard the food without her ever knowing.  To this day she think her pot raost is my favorite food in the whole world.

christineT79
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I don't live with my mom because if I did I would probly kill her. lol. I lived with her when I went back to college when I was 26 & it was horrible. Thankfully I wasnt home much because I also worked a full time job & I didnt have kids so I was out with my friends or boyfriend when I was off. My mom used to be cool until as of lately. It seems like the past 5 years or so she has changed alot. I blame it on menapause. She's very crabby & has no filter. The things that come out of her mouth. ugh. She came to the hospital when I was in labor & I almost killed her. I was a few hours into labor with no pain meds yet & she called me a wimp. I think the nurse kicked her out. lol. She also fights with my in-laws & makes things pretty uncomfortable for me.

wingsfan1234
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:52 PM

OMG YES!!!  We lived with my mother off and on for the last 7 years and 7 months ago decided to move 1200 miles away to get away from her, her nagging and the crazy drama that she was constantly bringing around (my brothers xwife and her drug issues)  probably the best thing for us but the worst for my younger sister that is stuck with her now

Mommy to two girls here on earth and one in Heaven watching over us

CaileighsMom608
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:58 PM

As she gets older she is getting worse.  Her boyfriend of 19 years just left her in November of 2011.  She seems bitter and hateful that I am happy and in love.  

She is completely 2 faced. In public she tells everyone who can stand her how wonderful I am and all do.  But at home will bitch and moan for everything.  Example....I clean the house because I don't have time to clean again after.  I do ask that she clean her own bathroom and bedroom because she smokes like a chimeny and leaves ashes EVERYWHERE.  

I admit I was a smoker but quit a few years ago.  When confronted about cleaning the bathroom she replied why do you just start smoking again so the ash won't bother you!  

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Omg, that would drive me crazy too! That's SO RUDE! And sweet of you to eat her pot roast :)

Quoting CaileighsMom608:

Its becoming very annyoing to me that I have to make 2 seperate dinner most nights because my mother prefers all her food bland.  She is very over dramatic if she doesnt like something.  She makes gagging faces and purposefully spits the food into the trash can. 

I try very had not to let her get to me but but that soooo insulting.  I am no gormet chef but I cook well.  Its just hurtful because she makes a dishes that dont like that she LOVES and I pretend to eat them and disgard the food without her ever knowing.  To this day she think her pot raost is my favorite food in the whole world.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:13 PM
I wish my mom lived with us because that would mean I was able to bring her back to life. She passed away in 2005. :(
CaileighsMom608
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not that sweet I eat VERY little......and I dont want to offend her but at the same time I am  avoiding a tanrum too so its not the great it is slightly selfish on my part.  But thanks!

Quoting Lindalou907:

Omg, that would drive me crazy too! That's SO RUDE! And sweet of you to eat her pot roast :)

Quoting CaileighsMom608:

annelauer
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:17 PM
We do not live with our mothers, but they are both complete nuts, so I can imagine how tough that would be.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)