Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:32 PM
  • 5 Replies
field trips do your kids go on each school year? Where do they usually go and are you able to accompany them on any of them?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TableforSeven
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:37 PM

At my younger kids' old school they allowed each grade ONE trip per year.  Only the middle school went on more....and even then they hardly went anywhere.  Most grades ended up going to a pay or the ballet. 

The kids here seem to go on field trips more often.  My kids' classes have all gone on hikes. DD#2's class has gone to a few plays.  DD#3's class has had several late-night and overnight events at the school.  And my boys' classes have both gone on mini-trips during the school day.....visiting sick classmates and doing other service-project work in town.  Honestly....unless they are going on a long hike, we don't even know about trips until they get home the day they've gone or until DD#2 asks for a ride to the theatre (her teacher tells them about the plays a few days ahead and she goes on Sat or Sun night.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:54 PM

DS is too young for field trips

lalasmama2007
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:21 PM

My DD's kindergarten class is only having one this year.  It will be to a local farm this spring.  

Reankanesmom
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:20 AM

They do not go every year it depends on the money the school or grade raises. PTSA was told we were not allowed to pay for busing up until now when I found out we can we just have to pay across the board(all grades). This year my oldests child's class(3rd grade and they have raised the whole cost themselves)  is going to Newport Beach to watch whales on a boat. My son (they are not sure yet) he is on first grade.

carakitty
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:52 AM

I think they go on two. I've been to a couple. Before my school would usually cut in and now my daughter is getting lazy about getting things to me on time so I'm too late to chapperone for her. I have enjoyed the field trips we went on though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)