Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh, dammit!!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:58 PM
  • 3 Replies

My hunny's birthday is coming up next month and I recently found out that I'm getting some extra money. I've never been able to get him anything really great, all I've ever really been able to do is cook him a dinner and bake him a cake and have the kids make cards for him. Which he loves more that anything, but I'd really really love to get him a present. I want to get him concert tickets. There are several bands that he loves touring right now...but they're either sold out or too far away. The sold out shows have tickets on stubhub, but I can't afford almost $300 per ticket. I was going to get him two so he could take whoever he wanted with him. 

Anyway, I'm so freakin annoyed. The two he wants to see the most are still in the US right around his birthday. One is sold out, but close enough to be able to go to and the other is all the way in Little Rock, AR...and we're in NC. Can't afford a flight out there, the gas money for the road trip, OR the hotel stay. As fun as it would be (because I'm pretty certain he'd either take me or his brother). I can afford the tickets, though. lol

UGH! I'm so aggravated! I wish I could find SOMETHING! I did find a Giving Tree iPhone case and that's his favorite childhood book...but it doesn't seem like much compared to the tickets lol Anyway, just needed to vent about it.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!  Sounds like a lot of $$ for a birthday.  Hope you are able to swing something he appreciates!

Mommy7497
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:12 AM

I wouldn't stress about not getting him the tickets because its too much $ if you could afford it it be great but if you can't don't sweat it. Get him a nice gift you know he would like like a jersey, or hat etc guy stuff if not a nice dinner would be great too, especially since you tend to stay home and cook for him. You know him well enough to know of something he will love good luck!!!!!

firsttimemommy4
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:32 AM
I wouldn`t stress about it too much. It sounds like the tickets may be a little too much. Maybe you could take him out to a nice dinner and then go to a movie that he would enjoy. If you wanna gear more towards an actual gift, go down the line of something special that he would love to have, but that`s within your means. If you can`t do the concert, then order him some memorabilia from the bands website for the concert. He would love that just as much. Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)