Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how close do you come

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:03 PM
  • 22 Replies

For all the ladies out there that drive which i think is probably everyone single one, how close do you let the gas hand get to the empty signal on your dashboard before you decide to bless the gas station with your presence? I don't usually let mine get to the E at all but this week i have been risking it so close that my car beeps at me everytime i stick the key in the ignition. 

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I used to get to a point where the E light went on.  I would know I had 20 miles to get to a station.  

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:08 PM

I get gas when it is half way, then I fill it up. I don't ever let it get to E anymore. I learned my lesson five years ago. It was the summer of 2007 when I ran out of gas on my way to the gas station. I should have got gas earlier that day but I waited, and on my way to Costco to get gas I ran out of gas. I had to call AAA to give me gas so I could get to the gas station. I will never make that mistake again!

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Never under 1/4
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I would try to fill up at 1/4 tank.....though there were many times that I was so busy running around, etc that I wouldn't notice I needed gas until the light came on!  

maybe80
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Sadly, E is me every time. My hubby never checks for me and I'm too cold to fill it up.

I need to put my foot down, but he's gone at work so much... he just sleeps when he's home! :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:50 PM
under 1/4. it can be 35 miles to the next station so I don't push it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:55 AM

a quarter tank.  I work nights, so I dont want to be stuck in the middle of the night having to walk.

Nikaniko
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Never under a quarter of a tank
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Reankanesmom
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:12 AM

My car's gas warning comes on at 30 miles. Once that is on I will fill up. 30 miles gets me pretty far

lexipooh78
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:58 AM

I never let it get lower then between 1/2 and 1/4 of a tank. It takes about a 1/4 of a tank to get to and from the hospital that I would use in case of an emergency and that last thing I would want to happen is need to take my son the the ER and have to stop on the way there or back. For some weird reason that has always been a ear of mine, even though we have only had to take him in one time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)