Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Drink a Coke before finding out the sex of a baby.....

Posted by   + Show Post

I have an Ultrasound tomorrow; I am 19 weeks.  My Dr. said that we could find out the sex of our baby, at this point.  A friend of mine said that I should drink a coke before I go in for the Ultrasound because it will help the baby position itself to where we can tell the sex better.  Has anyone ever done this? Is there any truth to this?

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Replies (11-20):
JTnJT
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I've never heard that before...I have heard though that you can tell the sex from drinking a Coke....that if it makes your belly upset...it'll be a girl....if not...a boy....this worked for me...I got sick with both my girls, had no issue with my son...but as with all "old wives tales"...I figure it's one of those "50/50" things...it proves true for some, not so much for others.

Diane1223
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Thanks for all the support and feedback! I thought this sounded a little strange. We go at 12 for the Ultrasound!
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM

that's what I think too

Quoting anotherandree:

I haven't heard of this, but the caffeine might make the baby a bit more active which would make for a fun ultrasound!  HAVE FUN watching your baby!!!

pickles326
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:07 PM

good luck hope your baby allows you to see my dear stubborn son didnt allow me to see the first time lol

GMom2011
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Its the caffeine, and one won't hurt baby... But I also heard oj, probably because the high sugar content.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gcecelie
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I had orange juice. It makes he baby move around a lot so you have a better chance of seeing his or her goodies.

janessa27
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Everyone kept telling me to drink caffeine before an ultrasound- but I never did. I also hear that caffeine could make the baby so hyper that it wouldn't stay still long enough to determine the gender. I did go with a full bladder of water- per the nurse. Then they made me pee in a cup before the ultrasound. They could see clearly that he was my 3rd boy despite a empty non-caffeinated bladder:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
saltlifemama
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I was told to drink something really cold before mine. Then every time I had a non stress test I was given ice cold water to drink. They told me it wakes the baby up making them move around more.

LoganTroyMom
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this
i drank a little pepsi before an ultrasound once (just bc it was what i was drinking, not intentionally lol)

he was reeeally active! made it a little hard to get a good pic but she managed!
momof2.5girls
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes! I went to have an ultrasound and dd didn't want to show us her sex so my sil who was the tech told me to drink a coke and she would try again. So I did and she had moved a lot! And we could see EVERYTHING
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN