Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Drink a Coke before finding out the sex of a baby.....

Posted by   + Show Post

I have an Ultrasound tomorrow; I am 19 weeks.  My Dr. said that we could find out the sex of our baby, at this point.  A friend of mine said that I should drink a coke before I go in for the Ultrasound because it will help the baby position itself to where we can tell the sex better.  Has anyone ever done this? Is there any truth to this?

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Replies (21-30):
sheri305
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Quoting anotherandree:

I haven't heard of this, but the caffeine might make the baby a bit more active which would make for a fun ultrasound!  HAVE FUN watching your baby!!!

RutterMama
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I've heard of the caffeine helping. Our last was at 13 weeks when we found out. Have fun!

celticgodess
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a pear before one of my ultrasounds (no reason except I felt like a pear :) and she was like a little mexican juping bean.  Fruit is def healthier and the natural sugars work, but you never know what your babies going to do.  A good tech will make it work!

surromama
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:56 PM
You should. As a previous poster said, the caffeine may make baby active and the ultrasound fun.

Quoting Diane1223:

Thanks for all the replies! I have never heard of this, and I thought it was a little strange.  I won't drink a coke before I go...lol! I will post on here, tomorrow, after we find out the sex. :)big smile mini

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
workingmommy78
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Drinking a big glass of ice water always got my lil guy rocking and rolling when it was ultrasound time
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Drinking something that may stimulate the baby to move around helps.  Drinking ice cold OJ helps - the cold and the sugar help to stimulate the baby and "wake him/her up."

Iluvmyshortcake
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Any update?
anotherguatmom
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:28 PM

When I was pregnant with my twins at 36 weeks one of them failed their bio profile screening.  Which is practicing breathing for 20 seconds within 30 minutes of monitoring. The next day on the way to the office I drank a Coke.  I was in and out of the office within 10 minutes because they were able to bet both babies practicing their breathing.  If I were your I would give it a try.

Diane1223
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:21 PM

It's a girl!

LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Quoting Diane1223:

It's a girl!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN