Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you care about what others think of you?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you care about what others think of you?

Options:

Heavens No! It's my perogative :-)

Yes! Perception is reality!

Only certain people/times/situations.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 87

View Results

Do you care about what others think of you?

Polltakers - if possible please leave a comment, even if anonymous. I am really interested in others thoughts and how they deal with sticky smelly situations.

I personally do not care unless the situation REALLY grants for it. I do not start conflict and keep to myself so usually people are just projecting on me something that has nothing to do with me at all, but this is my experience and how I feel about it. How about everyone else?

Someone posted this in another group but then deleted it. The conversation was really good though and sparked some interesting replies.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Replies (11-20):
gcecelie
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Are you interested in your horoscope at all? The past 3  years (starting in 2009) were supposed to be the worst for everyone. Everyone was suppose to go through extreme highs and lows but be left with a gift at the end (self-confidence, reassurance, etc).

I know that they have been the worst I have ever gone through.

Interesting is all!

Quoting Jinxed8:

I don't really care either - In certain situations yes, I will fold and be empathetic to others.  But over the past few years I have learned to live for me ... not for the job, not to please my parents, friends or Jack or Jill.   If I listened to everyone around me, I wouldn't be with DH right now ... but I am.  Take me for who I am or leave it.

QTMom2302
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Only in certain situations but normally, nope!

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I don't base my life on it but I'm interested and curious, sure !  What you describe is pretty fitting to my life ... 2009, 2010 and 2011 have NOT been easy - there have also been "big highs" like my wedding, but if things take a turn for the better this year I'll be more than happy.

Quoting gcecelie:

Are you interested in your horoscope at all? The past 3  years (starting in 2009) were supposed to be the worst for everyone. Everyone was suppose to go through extreme highs and lows but be left with a gift at the end (self-confidence, reassurance, etc).

Interesting is all!

Quoting Jinxed8:

I don't really care either - In certain situations yes, I will fold and be empathetic to others.  But over the past few years I have learned to live for me ... not for the job, not to please my parents, friends or Jack or Jill.   If I listened to everyone around me, I wouldn't be with DH right now ... but I am.  Take me for who I am or leave it.

chinosruca
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Only in a professional sense. At work, my bosses opinion matters (for raises, promotions, bonuses, etc).

In my personal life, I could care less what anyone thinks of me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bigmetalchicken
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I personally do not give a shit what other people think of me. I am far too vain to care what someone thinks, and besides, not liking me just shows what poor taste that person has.  However, I am very aware that my behavior and actions reflect on my husband and children, and if someone disapproves of my behavior, my family could bear the brunt of it. I dealt with that growing up because of my mother, and I would not dare do that to my family.  So While I don't care, I do take care to be above reproach for the sake of my family.

gcecelie
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Same here. I got married during that whole bruhaha too (June 2011) and then immediately after getting back from our honeymoon there was a huge low.

Lord willing, may this year be better!

Quoting Jinxed8:

I don't base my life on it but I'm interested and curious, sure !  What you describe is pretty fitting to my life ... 2009, 2010 and 2011 have NOT been easy - there have also been "big highs" like my wedding, but if things take a turn for the better this year I'll be more than happy.

Quoting gcecelie:

Interesting is all!

Quoting Jinxed8:

tnmommy5
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:21 PM
It depends on who it is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:39 PM

It depends on the person and/or situation

storkradio193
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:11 PM

It depends on the situation and who the other people are.  If it is someone I am close to or friends with (or want to be friends) than I care more than if they are just strangers on the street. 
It also depends on how I am feeling and how open I let myself feel others, as opposed to being walled off.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:52 PM

In normal situations, no. In professional situations, yes. I sell Plexus Slim as well as place exchange students with host families. Because I have to consider everyone a potential customer, I have to be on guard most of the time. 

Now, I stand my ground and I'll defend me and mine until my last breath. I don't start drama and try to stay away from it. Sometimes it's unavoidable. I'm not afraid to let my hair down and have fun, but you won't see me flashing myself or doing anything like that. I'm not loud mouthed and foul tempered either. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN