Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you care about what others think of you?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you care about what others think of you?

Options:

Heavens No! It's my perogative :-)

Yes! Perception is reality!

Only certain people/times/situations.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 87

View Results

Do you care about what others think of you?

Polltakers - if possible please leave a comment, even if anonymous. I am really interested in others thoughts and how they deal with sticky smelly situations.

I personally do not care unless the situation REALLY grants for it. I do not start conflict and keep to myself so usually people are just projecting on me something that has nothing to do with me at all, but this is my experience and how I feel about it. How about everyone else?

Someone posted this in another group but then deleted it. The conversation was really good though and sparked some interesting replies.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Replies (21-30):
RutterMama
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM

All too much.

Blessedlife79
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Sadly I do. I try not to but I do :(

christineT79
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I think it's normal to care what people think of you but sometimes you have to just ignore other people. I care to a point. In my heart I know that I'm a good person so I try not to worry too much about what others think. I guess I care about the people closest to me & what they think of me.

CuzImMOM
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM
I don't care what people think. I look at it you like me for me or you can fuck off.

My dh and dd loves me
For me and that is all the matters
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
annelauer
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this
It depends on who it is and what it's regarding.
MS_momx3
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:32 PM

yes and no. 

lisapizza1979
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:09 AM
It can bother me if it's someone I care about. Like if they said something rude or negative about me.but a total stranger being rude for no reason would just make me mad and lash out..lol I try not to care what people think or say about me but it is hard.im human and I have feelings.
hollywood74
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

i like myself, so what others think of me really doesnt bother me. they cnt change me. as long as i like myself and believe im a good person thats all that matters to me. and besides id go crazy if i worried about what other ppl think. i have enough worries without adding another one.

gcecelie
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Yes. I have real issues besides the ones you made up in your head.

Quoting hollywood74:

i like myself, so what others think of me really doesnt bother me. they cnt change me. as long as i like myself and believe im a good person thats all that matters to me. and besides id go crazy if i worried about what other ppl think. i have enough worries without adding another one.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
gcecelie
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Most people are saying only professionally. That I can see. Still with me there are limits. People at my job will spread a rumor just as fast as a little girl in high school.

In the wise words of sweet brown... aint nobody got time for that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)