Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you care about what others think of you?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you care about what others think of you?

Options:

Heavens No! It's my perogative :-)

Yes! Perception is reality!

Only certain people/times/situations.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 87

View Results

Do you care about what others think of you?

Polltakers - if possible please leave a comment, even if anonymous. I am really interested in others thoughts and how they deal with sticky smelly situations.

I personally do not care unless the situation REALLY grants for it. I do not start conflict and keep to myself so usually people are just projecting on me something that has nothing to do with me at all, but this is my experience and how I feel about it. How about everyone else?

Someone posted this in another group but then deleted it. The conversation was really good though and sparked some interesting replies.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Replies (31-40):
BannerElkHogans
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

no not at all if you worry about all the assholes out their that don't like you you will worry yourself into an early grave

MamaDearie
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:13 AM

At this point in my life, the opinions of those who love me are the only ones that matter to me. Everyone else is just irrelevant.

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." (Lin Yutang)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Valentines tickers

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

Shelly126
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Generally speaking I don't care what people think about me and how I choose to live my life and raise my children. However, I will say that I care about my children's, my own and DH's appearance in that we are all always clean, clothes are clean and ironed, hair combed, teeth brushed and I do wear makeup. But I don't feel like I do those things FOR others, I like to be clean and like a clean family and home, I always keep my home clean as well both inside and outside. And again it's mainly because I like it that way and makes life easier when things are neat, clean and organized.
As far as how I carry myself, I am usually a very upbeat and happy person. I like to smile and laugh and I don't care if people don't like that about me and I certainly don't care if people dislike the choices and decisions I make for my family. I live how I am comfortable living and people's opinions don't faze me in the least bit. People that are in my close inner circle, I may ask for advise or bounce ideas off but I don't look to people for their approval to do things or not do things. I think DH and I are logical enough to make decisions for our family and to choose our own path, while its nice to have some people's advise or opinions I always use my own discretion and follow my inner feelings or DH's gut feelings (he has a good intuition) so to speak, so does my mom and those are the opinions I really value and trust.
Shelly126
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Quoting gcecelie:

Most people are saying only professionally. That I can see. Still with me there are limits. People at my job will spread a rumor just as fast as a little girl in high school.

In the wise words of sweet brown... aint nobody got time for that!

haha I love it, yes nobody got time for that!!
Eve-marie
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Not a bit. My mother does. Every single thing I do, or change, she goes 'what will people think?' and of course I can't tell her that I don't give a rat's ass. I do try to spare her knowing some things if she doesn't have to. But living to please others is a horrible cage to be in. I live free of all that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I care if I have to spend a lot of time with them. No good to be in some one's bad books when they are always around!

gcecelie
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband does to so when we have discussions about events in our day he gets so frustrated with me. He will ask a question and I just shrug. Ask what i think about someone else's behavior and I just shrug.

I am a horrible convo partner! LOL!

Quoting Eve-marie:

Not a bit. My mother does. Every single thing I do, or change, she goes 'what will people think?' and of course I can't tell her that I don't give a rat's ass. I do try to spare her knowing some things if she doesn't have to. But living to please others is a horrible cage to be in. I live free of all that.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
illegallyblonde
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Generally, no. I don't care. But there are limited times when I do--usually professionally.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Scorpiomom78
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Bc misery loves company and they are obviously miserable! Lol And Hello :):)

Quoting gcecelie:

Example Today

I smile pretty much all the time. If I see you I will say hello. Why did someone just call me fake?

This is why I just don't care. Tomorrow I will still be smiling and say hello.

Lawd.

Scorpiomom78
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I dont really care what anyone thinks of me! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN