Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you care about what others think of you?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you care about what others think of you?

Options:

Heavens No! It's my perogative :-)

Yes! Perception is reality!

Only certain people/times/situations.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 87

View Results

Do you care about what others think of you?

Polltakers - if possible please leave a comment, even if anonymous. I am really interested in others thoughts and how they deal with sticky smelly situations.

I personally do not care unless the situation REALLY grants for it. I do not start conflict and keep to myself so usually people are just projecting on me something that has nothing to do with me at all, but this is my experience and how I feel about it. How about everyone else?

Someone posted this in another group but then deleted it. The conversation was really good though and sparked some interesting replies.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Replies (41-50):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:05 PM

depends on the person

sheri305
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Nope

gcecelie
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Her friend was on the phone so I just walked past  her instead of saying hello. That is 100% the only thing I can think of that could be causing this ridiculousness out of the blue.

It's nice to know I am important to someone.

Quoting Scorpiomom78:

Bc misery loves company and they are obviously miserable! Lol And Hello :):)

Quoting gcecelie:

Example Today

I smile pretty much all the time. If I see you I will say hello. Why did someone just call me fake?

This is why I just don't care. Tomorrow I will still be smiling and say hello.

Lawd.

maryroses
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:45 AM

Most of the time no, but as far as my family and the work place yes.

Moonbeam_Sea
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I went to a great workshop by Victor Wooten, the bass player. He said something to the effect that he doesn't worry about what people think of him. He appreciates comments both good and bad, but he doesn't let bother him. He is only responsible for how he feels, not how other people feel. That frees him up to work creatively. I really like that approach. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1985Supersport
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I'm a loner an alot of my friends come an sound off to me asking what I would do in a situation.  I didn't make friends easily while growing up (surprised even to have 4 boyfriends).  I was very quiet growing up an now that I'm an adult, I speak what's on my mind.  If you don't like it, don't listen!  That's my motto.

gcecelie
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Nothing wrong with that. You are honest and come from a good place. That is what everyone needs in their life!

Quoting 1985Supersport:

I'm a loner an alot of my friends come an sound off to me asking what I would do in a situation.  I didn't make friends easily while growing up (surprised even to have 4 boyfriends).  I was very quiet growing up an now that I'm an adult, I speak what's on my mind.  If you don't like it, don't listen!  That's my motto.

littleangie
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:55 PM

I do care about what my bosses think of me. As for some my coworkers, not so much.  In fact, I told them I know they talk behind my back and I don't give a rat's butt.  They stink at their job and expect others to pick up their slack.  I am not afraid to let them know it. 

busymommy98
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Nope. Life is too short to worry about what you can't control. My son with autism taught me that. He knows more than I do sometimes...

THauge
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Sadly, I care way too much what people think of me. I'm always afraid the person I am talking to is thinking I'm some sort of idiot or stupid or worrying about people not liking me, etc. It doesn't matter who it is either- it could be my husband, family, random strangers... I hate worrying about it all the time. I just don't know how to stop doing it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN