Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you care about what others think of you?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you care about what others think of you?

Options:

Heavens No! It's my perogative :-)

Yes! Perception is reality!

Only certain people/times/situations.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 87

View Results

Do you care about what others think of you?

Polltakers - if possible please leave a comment, even if anonymous. I am really interested in others thoughts and how they deal with sticky smelly situations.

I personally do not care unless the situation REALLY grants for it. I do not start conflict and keep to myself so usually people are just projecting on me something that has nothing to do with me at all, but this is my experience and how I feel about it. How about everyone else?

Someone posted this in another group but then deleted it. The conversation was really good though and sparked some interesting replies.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Replies (51-60):
lazyd
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I could care less what people think of me!  Never have cared.  If you dont like the way i look, than dont look at me.  If you dont like my attitude than dont talk to me.  But than you wont get to know me.  I have never worn makeup.  I am short, obese n ugly n i dont care! 

Sigmalade
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I used to. I wasted so much of my time. I can never make them happy. That goes for family, friends, whomever else think that they are important enough for me to try to impress.

GaleJ
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:23 AM

On one hand I care some about what my family and a few close friends might think. On the other I don't but would hope to live my life in a way that people might think it was meaningful when I die.

surromama
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:43 AM
Unfortunately I care to much about what others think. I always wear make up, do something with my hair and make sure I'm dressed properly. Even if I'm just going to the store, post office or even Walmart. You won't see a picture of me on peopleofwalmart.com. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:49 AM
This would be a 'Hell No'....no one takes care of my baby & household except me. Why would I care?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomofHDFandNWF
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:48 AM

My husband will say that I care too much about what people think of me.... But, I think it is a little different with me, I run 2 home-based service/relational businesses.  So, because of that, first impressions definitely matter and keeping in the good graces of those same people definitely matter if I want my businesses to be successful!

momofsunshine77
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:13 AM

I dont care what anyone thinks of me.  It may appear I do if you met me.  My DH calls me a snob because I like to not have holes in my clothes, have a nice house, entertain and have a clean neat house, etc.  But that is just for me.  I would do that if I had no one coming over or going anywhere.  I do not try to impress anyone else, I just like it that way for myself. :)

PerfectVirgo
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with you OP. I've noticed that if I just keep to myself people will project what they hate about themselves onto me. I've been called many names, none that I care to repeat. But I work in a bank so I HAVE to care what my managers think. It's imperative that they know I'm trustworthy. The slightest doubt would cost me my job.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
notabosley
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Hell no.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Sometimes.  Do I care if I look good for the inmates at work- No.  Do I care if I wear sweats to Church or out to dinner- Yes.

Job interview- yes

Hanging out in my yard at home- no (as long as I am not revealing too much)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)