Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you care about what others think of you?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you care about what others think of you?

Options:

Heavens No! It's my perogative :-)

Yes! Perception is reality!

Only certain people/times/situations.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 87

View Results

Do you care about what others think of you?

Polltakers - if possible please leave a comment, even if anonymous. I am really interested in others thoughts and how they deal with sticky smelly situations.

I personally do not care unless the situation REALLY grants for it. I do not start conflict and keep to myself so usually people are just projecting on me something that has nothing to do with me at all, but this is my experience and how I feel about it. How about everyone else?

Someone posted this in another group but then deleted it. The conversation was really good though and sparked some interesting replies.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Replies (61-63):
gcecelie
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Pretty much.

Joel Olsteen told a joke on his show one Sunday morning. A sister in the church was complaining that a guy kept staring at her during service. So then someone went to have a talk to the guy about it and he said, "I don't know what's going on with that woman but she is always staring at me."

Except its not staring its nasty adjectives. Same idea though.

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

I agree with you OP. I've noticed that if I just keep to myself people will project what they hate about themselves onto me. I've been called many names, none that I care to repeat. But I work in a bank so I HAVE to care what my managers think. It's imperative that they know I'm trustworthy. The slightest doubt would cost me my job.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
gcecelie
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Only 5% of people said yes. I am surprised and thought it would be a lot more. So many people really feel that how people perceive them is really important... at least I thought.

rebelrose79
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM
I don't. I have had 'friends' say mean & hurtful things all BC they don't like that I stand up for myself and know what I deserve.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN