Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Exercise Plan

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:07 PM
  • 15 Replies

I had a dr. appointment today and they told me I am gaining too much weight. I need to do some exercising. Does anyone have an exercise plan that they follow daily to keep their weight under control? If so, can you share it with me? Thanks :)

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annelauer
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Was it an OB appointment or just the doctor? Are you trying to maintain or lose?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsJoe125
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I walk before dinner w/ dh. I also walk around outside w/ my toddler most of the morning.
When I remember, I do some ab exercises. I also do keagels, but they don't directly help u lose weight.
tulipsbb6411
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:29 PM

I'm not trying to lose weight. I am just trying not to gain so much at a time.

momma1013
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:37 PM
I did couch to 5k after DS was born. It will take about 40 minutes until you get into a couple of weeks, then it's about 30. Now I do some cardio classes at our YMCA and child care is provided. Weight watchers helped too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngelicMommy_72
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:41 PM
R u preggers?

Quoting tulipsbb6411:

I had a dr. appointment today and they told me I am gaining too much weight. I need to do some exercising. Does anyone have an exercise plan that they follow daily to keep their weight under control? If so, can you share it with me? Thanks :)

tulipsbb6411
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Yes I am! I completely forgot to say that. Oops!

sheri305
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Yes,I try to do my walking early morning at least  4 times a week.Once you start and stay consistent,it will become a habit

RutterMama
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:52 PM

For me, it isn't to manage weight, but to gain stamina and sculpture. I am doing Zumba.

elzmnsf
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:32 AM
I love love love Zumba!! But if your pregnant I wouldn't start a new routine like that! I would just walk more, remain more active, and eat right...

Quoting RutterMama:

For me, it isn't to manage weight, but to gain stamina and sculpture. I am doing Zumba.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Walk, walk, walk!

Walk whenever you can.  If you must drive everywhere....park as far from the door as possible.

Be sure to eat a healthy, balanced diet.  If you want something sweet, eat fruit instead of candy/cakes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)