Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms
I'm wanting to gt my daughters ears pierced, soon!
She's 3months old, has had vaccines, doc says 'no prob- its a personal choice'....
What do u gals think-
Too early
Too late
Just right timming :)....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:46 PM

IMO it's too early

mandyjh
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Pierced ears!

I pierced my DD's ears when she was 3 months old, this is her less then an hour after the piercing, she is almost 3 years old now, and we have never had any problems with them at all :) and she loves her earrings, she likes to pick out different pairs to wear each day :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomGoingCrazy78
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My DD got hers pierced at 7 years old. I waited for her to tell me she wanted them pierced.

AngieB912
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I pierced my daughter's (Emma) ears when she was 3mths. old. She will be 16 mths old on the 28.  I agree that it's a personal choice.  I hope it went well and that your little one felt as little pain as possible..

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Bump!
surromama
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:28 PM
I had my daughters pierced at 1month. She was in a front carrier. She cried about 30 secs and went back to sleep. Its good to get them early so they don't mess with them. 15yrs latet, its all good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christineT79
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:43 PM

My dd is 4 months old & I'm having them done as soon as I can. Her pedi said to wait till 6 months so she will have her tettnus shot. I understand why people say to wait till they ask for it because it's a personal choice & they may be upset that you did somthing perminent to their bodies but I always think what little girl would be upset that you pierced their ears? I've just never heard of someone complaining that their mom pierced their ears. Instead I've heard the opposite, little girls begging to have them done so they can wear earings. To each their own though :)

LeilaBeansMom
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:11 PM
2 moms liked this
I think each person should have the final say as to whether or not a permanent hole punched in their body. As someone who never wanted her ears pierced, I very much appreciate that my mom did it that way. Just my opinion that you should wait until she is old enough to understand and make the choice on her own.
C.Fleury
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:16 PM
We pierced our daughter ears at the age if 2 months. Never had an issue.
annelauer
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I think babies are beautiful as they are and it's silly to perform cosmetic procedures on an infant. Obviously, others have different opinions.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)