Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms
I'm wanting to gt my daughters ears pierced, soon!
She's 3months old, has had vaccines, doc says 'no prob- its a personal choice'....
What do u gals think-
Too early
Too late
Just right timming :)....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Replies (21-30):
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:28 PM
I had boys but if I had daughters I would them once they were old enough to ask for them and take care of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnmommy5
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:41 PM
I waited until my dd asked for them but you do what you feel is right.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LovinLife81
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:07 AM

the earlier its done the less pain so I would do it ASAP.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Can't say. I left the getting ears pierced decision to the ear owner, lol. My dd chose to get her ears pierced when she was about 9 or 10.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:53 AM

My mom waited until I could decide for myself.  I think I was 10ish when I got them done for the first time.  I know other people have gotten their daughter's done around that age. 

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:58 AM

My daughter just turned 4 and getting her ears pierced is what she wanted for her birthday present. It was hard b/c it hurt, but it is so cute to watch her show off her new earrings. I am glad that I waited b/c she got to make the decision and she loves telling everyone how brave she was.

AleaKat
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Personally I say too early.
I wouldn't get it done till about 5 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christineT79
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Quoting snowangel1979:

I used to work for a family practice and the doctor used to try to talk parents out of getting their ears pierced young.

Sometimes when the ear grows, the hole will grow when they get it done real young. If you do decide have it done, do it at the doctors office or at a tattoo/piercing place. They sterilize and are trained better then a place at the mall.

That's what I want to do. Everyone thinks I'm nuts but I feel better going to a body piercing shop because they don't use a gun & I feel as though they are better trained & prob sterilize better than some teenager at the mall. The only problem I'm having is all the piercing shops in my city won't do children :(

mcknitro
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:40 PM

I think I got mine done when I was like 13.  My DD got hers done at 4 against my will.  I was pissed that her dad called and asked if they could do it, I said no, and they did it anyway.  She is 5 now and proud of them.  I felt she should have been older and more responsible as they got infected once and it was me who had to deal with them and me who had to deal with the bloody murder screams.  I still am a bit mad at him for doing it behind my back, especially after asking me and knowing how I felt.  I personally think it should be waited until they choose they want them and old enough to understand their decision IMO.  But I know people who have done it young and it doesnt seem to bother the babies.  It is your personal values and choice.

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Do it while they're too young to mess with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)