Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Has anyone ever said haven't you heard of contraception . Eg the pill or condoms

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:04 PM
  • 30 Replies

Iam a mother of 4 ages 6 about to turn 7 and 2 almost 3 and twins that just turned 2 

i have been out shopping lately I have had 2 people say to me haven't you heard of contraception I was shocked and up set yes the last 3 are close in age I was happy with my two kids but the pill didn't work I fell pregnant again ! I didn't want to think about having an abortion ! I was told by my husband it be nice if it was a boy after having to girls and it turned into a boy and a girl twins I was happy we got a boy and another girl I wouldn't change things and there the best of friends and love to play together ! 

Has anyone have this said to them and how do you respond to people's  comments?

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
unsuspected
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:11 PM
I have four kids too. 10, 5 year old twins & a 2 year old. I've gotten that comment (and so many others). To that one I just call them out " That's a very personal question. " then they dont really expect a response.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I am sorry you had to go through that. No, that has never happened to me. I have four boys each of them three years apart 14, 11, 8, and 4.

tnmommy5
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 5 (18, 14, 5 & 3 yo twins) and what I've been asked is "don't you know what causes that?" But that was just family and I knew they were joking with me.
AngelaDD
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:34 PM

oh yea I've gotten "dont you know how that happens," "have you ever heard of condoms?' and once a very rude friend of my mothers asked me if i knew how to swallow (he was very lucky my dad wasn't home)....it's ridiculous how rude people can be. I have 4 ages 7, 6, 3, and 2.

confused632
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Oh yes. I have 4 all of which are 2 years apart. Mine are 6, 4, 2, and 3months. All my neighbors and family would comment about there must be something in the water or I figured out what caused that and put a stop to it and you should do the same......
I took it all with a grain of salt and we have all the kids we wanted and we are happy.
3sonsmommy
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:48 PM
2 moms liked this

No but I only have 3 and distanced in age, 19, 15 and 5. We considered having another but decided against it and DH got fixed. However I have said that to and about people who really have no business having that many kids, like someone who keeps having them that cannot support them and having them with fathers who cannot support them either. I may be judgemental but around here anyone can get free birth control. So a never married 19yo with 3 kids is just plain stupid. Or a drug addicted 35yo that just had her 4th with the 3rd BD, always on welfare BD doesn't work. However, if you can afford it and actually raise and enjoy your children I think it's great if you want 4 or 5 kids. My parents had 5, and yes the first and last were unplanned but they took care of us and didn't depend on the govenment to do it for them.

tnt1014
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:00 PM
I've had people say "don't you have cable" or don't you watch tv?"

Funny thing is only 3 out of our 5 are biologically ours! Some people are way too quick to make assumptions.
klbetts
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:26 PM
The last time someone asked me that question I simply said "yes, love" and walked off.
MamaDearie
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Yep. I actually had a woman in a grocery store ask my husband if our daughter was an accident - in front of her. WTF? 

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." (Lin Yutang)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Valentines tickers

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

saltlifemama
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I only have two, so I do not get these question. I have picked on my sister from time to time. She has nine kids ages 18 to 3. She knows I could care less and really don't mean anything when I do give her a hard time.

How many kid you have is a person choice. I think that its a little rude to attack someone for that choice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)