Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

11 yr old at Django Unchained

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:22 AM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this
Tonight me and my husband went to see Djago Unchained. Amazing movie. However, I got overly distracted with an 11 yr old sitting behind us. That movie is not a kid movie at all. I feel sorry for that child, he has no idea the meaning behind many of the scenes. And I know this because he wouldn't stop asking questions. Why do they keep saying that word? Why did they do that to their face? Why are they doing that to her? These are the questions this boy kept asking. If you want your child to experience a film like this, let him watch it at home.

Rant over.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:04 AM

I haven't even heard of that movie so I'm not sure why it's so inappropriate. 

However I'll say that we still only bring our 10 year old to kids movies so he's no where even PG-13 movies. 

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:09 AM
Never heard of it.
Bump
RobJar
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:04 AM
The movie is about a slave turned bounty hunter, who goes searching for his wife. It's an amazing movie. Google it and you will see why it's not for a child of that age.
ambertreas76
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Holy crap!  10 years old is way too young to even begin processing what that movie is about.  

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Great movie, hubby and I saw it but we didn't take our 10 and 7 y/o's. It's a Tarantino movie that alone tells you there will be language and lots of blood.

sheri305
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Want to see it

saltlifemama
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I understand to each his own and I try not to be judgemental of other parents. However that movie is completely inappropriate for kids. Having see it I doubt I would let my teenage go see it.

Where some people get their moral compasses I just do not know.

BethanyJ
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Eh, he's not your kid.  I'd be totally fine with an 11 year old seeing Django. ...though if the boy was asking all those questions, that says to me he's probably not mature enough to see such an adult film if he can't grasp the concepts.  My own almost 10 year old would probably be fine watching Django and my 12 year old would be certainly...but they're pretty well versed in films and both act in the local youth theater.  

christineT79
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I just saw that movie too & I agree, not at all for kids. Some of those scenes were hard for me to watch.

ruby_jewel_04
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Those parents are idiots. No Tarentino movie should ever be watched by a child under 16. I can't even handle half his movies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)