Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Work Woes

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:30 AM
  • 10 Replies

Do you have any right now?

My biggest woe right now is my hours. I love my job.... I work from home... it's an hourly paid job... but I work from 7:30a-2pm m-f typically..... recently they have dramatically cut my hours :( I'm now only working t-th 10-2..... other agents in our "call center" are having the same issue with hours as they hire new agents. I'm literally ready to cry. DF is barely working because he has a seasonal on call job.... and now this with my hours. I've been trying to pick up hours when I can but it's still not helping because once our call volume is low they will send anyone who "jumped in" to help with the call volume off and disconnect their phones so they can't recieve any more calls :( 

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:33 AM
The only ones I have is the way the administration is run. More pay would be nice. We haven't had raises in three years
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

HA, should I even open this can of woe ... haven't had a pay raise in 7 years (although I do get commissions and bonuses but it doesn't change the fact that everyday life doesn't cost the same as it did 7 years ago), it's a family run business and their daughter (who does the same thing as me) works 1/2 as hard, is a spoiled brat, gets 3 x the vacation that I do and has no pressure what so ever about her sales/numbers. I have the weight of the whole company on my shoulders.  The bosses keep bankers hours.  They complain about bad finances one day and drive up in a brand new BMW the next day.  I'm expected to answer phone and e-mails at all times, including when I'm on vacation ; my boss called me 3 times the weekend before last.   If you're wondering why I'm still there, YES there are perks at working there too, but the above listed are tugging at my last nerves.

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I don't have any, at the moment.  :)

37momofthree
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Hmmm...work woes.  They cut out paid personal days.  The next year they cut out paid sick days.  A few years later they dropped our insurance.  And no pay raise for the last 8 years. 

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Nope, I'm a SAHM. I do little things to make money on the side, but none of it is really hard. 

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I work at a before and after school care. It's hard working a split shift. I have a long break during the day when I can run errands, take a nap, do laundry and housework, cook dinner, and go on CafeMom. Its hard to go back to work in the afternoon after relaxing and enjoying my long "break". Oh yeah and it's hard getting up supper early to be to work at 6:45 - I am not a morning person.

Texanmommaof2
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this
My work woes are my hours...too many! I'm a nurse and work 12 hour shifts and feel like I don't get to spend as much time with my kiddos as I want to! I get off at 6 am, go home and feed them breakfast, dress them, take them to daycare, come home and sleep a couple of hours and by the time I get to pick them up, I only have 2 hours with them before I have to go into work again!
Also, there's the whole poop, vomit, blood, pee thing that I have to deal with!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pukalani79
by Kris on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I am a SAHM as well, so I can't really complain.  My DH is burned out though.  He's taking a much needed vacation next week and hopefully that will help.

OHgirlinCA
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Just listening to petty coworker drama... but that just annoys me (on the inside). 

crzctl8de
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:13 PM

No raise in 5 years.  I work for the State, but we are facing a reduction in force and won't know who will go or how many for at least another month.  I've been looking for a new job for almost a year (half-heardedly) and there really isn't anything out there.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)