Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

post partem mom in her 30s

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:29 PM
  • 8 Replies

i have 4 kids and all the births i went through i never had post partem, maybe stressed but not post partem until this one. i know it has to do with staying home with and 11 yr old, 9 yr old, 7 yr old (whom likes to get bratty with me) and a 7 month old. with gas prices and not able to have an economy car, i cant go no where. even if i could there really isnt anywhere to go. i stopped taking the meds i was given but decided i might as well take them or something worse could happen. i hate this feeling. ;(

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
christineT79
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I'm sorry momma. Just make sure you dont just stop those meds without weaning off. Stopping them like that can make the PPD worse. I know how you feel about getting out of the house but can you just go for a walk to get some air. I get like that too when I'm all cooped up in the house. I have a hard time getting out because of gas also & it's really cold here so I dont want to take my baby out for a walk. Take it easy momma :)

mommieof
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Ugh! I feel you pain, I'm a mom of 4 and have been a nut case the last year or so, I have an 11 yr old, 8 yr old and twin 2 yr olds I work 40 hrs a week from home doing medical claims and I have the twins home with me, even though DH and I both work I'm still always broke and trapped in my home all day everyday with 4 kids that refuse to behave. Just today I lost it and told everyone I was leaving them and I was done, I cook, clean and work all while caring for 2 yr olds and home works with the big kids, breaking up constant fighting and I can't afford to go out, can't get my nails done, haven't had a hair cut it dye in a year and a half. I always wonder why do I do all that I do for nothing in return? Fed up momma. I seriously think I developed depression this time :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:38 AM

DELEGATE--the 11, 9 and 7 yr old can help out more to relieve some stress from you.  Do you have bicycles, wagons, parks in you area?  Just going outside can lift your spririts.

whatmynameagain
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:39 AM
I agree with the above. Try to get outside in the sun helps a lot let the kids run around. The older ones can also do some tasks to help a bit. Do you have someone to watch them even for an hour or so so you can have some ' me' time in even if just to go forto a drive. If not will they maybe sit and watch a movie and play quiet games while/ if the younger ones nap so you get a little time to breathe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I went through PPD with my first son.  I eventually went to the doctor and he put me on Zoloft.  It helped tremendously.  Hang in there.  Let us know if you need anything or just a place to vent.

mommyin925
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:48 PM
They do help. And we are not in good area where we can walk :(

Quoting MixedCooke:

DELEGATE--the 11, 9 and 7 yr old can help out more to relieve some stress from you.  Do you have bicycles, wagons, parks in you area?  Just going outside can lift your spririts.

PhoenixMomof3
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I am sorry for you too! I am 24 weeks into my 4th pregnancy and I have never had depression or PPD with any of the previous ones... but I think I do this time. And nothing is even wrong! Which makes me feel guilty. I can't wait to have this baby. I think I need to get out and walk or something but right now its too cold and too icey. :(

Suffering through...
mommyin925
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Quoting ScrChk23:

I went through PPD with my first son.  I eventually went to the doctor and he put me on Zoloft.  It helped tremendously.  Hang in there.  Let us know if you need anything or just a place to vent.

im on zoloft and zanex

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)