Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What would you pay for child care

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:47 AM
  • 8 Replies

I have a few kids I'm going to start watching 9 hrs a day two go to School and the other is an infant. I would watch them 9 hrs 5 days a week and 4 hrs. on the weekend. I babysit another toddler but I don't charge that much because she's a single parent barely making it as it is. I  didn't hire babysitters for my kids I was blessed with a strong family support system so I'm kinda out of the loop. 

80s pink

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KeimUNCmomof3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:49 AM
2 moms liked this

My kids' daycare provider (in-home) charges me $300/wk for 3 kids....cheapest I have found!  She makes them breakfast, lunch and snack.  She is very trust-worthy.  I like her a lot.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this
find out what going rate is and charge less than that.
also check state laws. unless you are licensed you may be limited. here in ca you can only watch one other family's children without a license.
good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I charge $25/day for one full time kid and $15/day for an additional sibling, but my rates are at least $10/day cheaper than a lot.
If the kids were in school most of the day, I wouldn't feel comfortable charging quite that much.
cathy152
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you

larissalarie
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this
You can search craigslist to get an idea of what people charge in your area. Depending on where you live, you could charge a lot more. I've never heard of it being any cheaper than what I charge anywhere though.
ChikSlim
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:26 PM

My son goes to daycare and it costs me $25/day, she's the cheapest so far, the going rate now is 150 a week and up where I live (NY)..

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Where in NY is this?  I live in NY and we pay $265 a week!

Quoting ChikSlim:

My son goes to daycare and it costs me $25/day, she's the cheapest so far, the going rate now is 150 a week and up where I live (NY)..

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:56 PM

back when DD was in private home daycare I paid $100 a week (2004 to 2010) , she had 6 kids in total - all 6 years old or less she provided all meals, snacks etc - I know now the same lady charges $125 a week. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN