Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

woohoo

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:47 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

We are going to start trying for another baby.... However, if the military orders to move to San Antonio stick then I will have to wait till August/September.  If the orders get cancelled then it will be March/April.  I'm so excited..... I have been doing research on making my own babyfood from fresh/frozen veggies and fruits.  Do any of you do this?  Also I'm not going to spend all the money on re-buying baby stuff if it is a boy then we will just buy a new carseat. Other than that, nobody will see the pack-n-play that is pink and brown. I have tossed the idea around of having my daughters carseat recovered in a blue and brown and not pink and brown.  Guess we will have to see what happens.

EEEK.... so excited.

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Awww. That's great!

GL!

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Congrats!  Don't cover the car seat.  You can buy a new cover from the manufactor but it's unsafe to use after market products.  

I made my own baby food with my son but have you heard about baby led solids?  It's so much easier!

mustloveanimals
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Congrats. I made my own baby food. I recommend an immersion blender. It makes everything super easy. Then you just cook stuff to get them soft, and blend away.

If you have a boy, he won't care what color his pack and play or his carseat are.

Good luck!

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I made all of DD's baby food it is SO easy and 10 times more affordable than the jarred stuff !!!  And YOU get to decide what your baby eats.   I did it all with a good stainless steel pot, a good old blender and ice cube trays & lots of resealable little jars.  I did everything from the fruit & veggie purees to the meat purees and then the chunky dishes too.  I just don't know if I still have all the recipes and stuff.

yroder2003
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:57 PM

yay. i'm excited for you too. hubby and i have decided that we would like to have another too cause we only have the 1 also.  good luck to you in TTC :-)

kimmie3577
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:54 PM

that is awsome hope everything works out for you, i just found out im having a boy , i have a 2 year old lil girl so im excited to be having a boy, so july needs to hurry and get here

GraceStrickland
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:59 PM

FUN congrats!  You might want to check the expiration date on the carseat before recovering it.   I made my own baby food and I'm so glad I did, because it got me in the habit of eating healthier too!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Congrats.

AMMOWIFE
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Thank you ladies... I am so excited. Hubby is a little odd about the color thing.. UGH... but since Babies R Us has those "trade in" sales we decided that we would take advantage of this one and "trade-in" my youngest travel system for a gender neutral one so no matter if we have a girl or boy it will be new and just fine. Anyone ever used the squeeze package things. I guess you fill them yourself and the bags are just tossed. I think you can get 50 for 16$ which is cheaper than buying them for 1.39 each. My 2 year old loves those pouch things, but I would much rather start making hers than buying them. Then I know that nothing extra is going in them.  I wanted to use cloth diapers with my youngest, but we have one of those front loader washers and I was reading about how it takes several washes to get the cloth diapers clean with those type of washers because they use less water, as with a top-loader you can fill it up and allow the diapers to soak before washing.  BOOO...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN