Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I feel stoned! **update**

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:26 PM
  • 15 Replies

Oh my goodness...I am in a total fog right now...I never did drugs as a teen, but I feel stoned!

I had to take the kids into Nahariya to the dentist...which means going on the bus through the mountains.  I get carsick so I took one of my Dramamine tablets....I use low-dose, but I'm pretty sure this is a batch of regular-strength because they have totally messed me up!  

I fell asleep on the bus ride there....thank goodness the kids are old enough to pay attention and woke me when we were getting close.  I was glad that DH met us at the bus stop there....his class is in Nahariya so he just stayed there after class and waited to go with us to the dentist (all 4 kids had appointments today)....and I was in a fog the whole time at the dentist's office.

I seemed to wake up a bit after the appointment because we walked around town running some errands and went down to sit by the beach for a while.  Then we had an early dinner before heading to the bus station to come back home.

I fell asleep on the bus coming home....this time DH was there to make sure we all got off ok.  We have been home for an hour now and I am still in a total fog!  I might make myself some strong coffee as it is only 7:30pm....LONG time to go before bedtime here!  Ugh - this is NOT a fun or good feeling at al!

**UPDATE**

OK - it is Thursday morning now.  I did have some coffee last night which helped the funky feeling a bit...and I fell asleep just fine.  I woke up a little earlier than usual - my alarm is set for 5am, I woke up at 4:30 (which happens often anyway).

I feel much better and back to normal this morning.  I checked and this pack of Dramamine is indeed regular dose.  **sigh**  Have to figure something out for once my class starts on Feb 3.

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama_mcneal
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh my! I hope you feel better soon. I'm sure once you get some sleep, you'll feel great.

breebree04
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I also get car sick (motion sick really because its not just in a car) and have taken dramamine alot. I also give it to my ds10. We both take regular strength and neither one of us have ever felt this way and hope we never do. Glad your dh was there to help

TableforSeven
by Judy on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Quoting breebree04:

I also get car sick (motion sick really because its not just in a car) and have taken dramamine alot. I also give it to my ds10. We both take regular strength and neither one of us have ever felt this way and hope we never do. Glad your dh was there to help

I have always had severe reactions to drugs....I can take a medicine with 'uppers' in it and get tired.  So when I started taking Dramamine, I got low dose first and that makes me a little tired, but NOTHING like this.  I have to check the container again because this can't be low-dose!  I don't know what to do it if isn't though....I'll be taking the bus 5 days per week soon to a class, so I can't be in a total fog for class every day, I could never be in a class feeling like this.  I haven't seen ANY Dramamine or anything like it here...the pills I have I brought when we moved.  If I have regular strength only, I'm in trouble.

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I react strongly to pills as well. Just try to flush your system, that's what helps me anyway. 

Hope you feel normal by morning!

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I've had weird reactions to Dramamine in the past.  I don't take it anymore because I feel worse when I use it.

breebree04
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:11 PM

ugh, thats not good. If you cant find any in your local stores maybe try online

Quoting TableforSeven:

Quoting breebree04:

I have always had severe reactions to drugs....I can take a medicine with 'uppers' in it and get tired.  So when I started taking Dramamine, I got low dose first and that makes me a little tired, but NOTHING like this.  I have to check the container again because this can't be low-dose!  I don't know what to do it if isn't though....I'll be taking the bus 5 days per week soon to a class, so I can't be in a total fog for class every day, I could never be in a class feeling like this.  I haven't seen ANY Dramamine or anything like it here...the pills I have I brought when we moved.  If I have regular strength only, I'm in trouble.

saltlifemama
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Oh I hate when meds do that to me. I get that way with 99% of all cold meds and allergy ones. I have started taking half a does which helps a lot.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Quoting saltlifemama:

Oh I hate when meds do that to me. I get that way with 99% of all cold meds and allergy ones. I have started taking half a does which helps a lot.

I might have to cut these pills in half once I need to be taking then daily....either that or 5 months of my life will be a hazy-blur!  ;-)

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Try to find motion sickness bracelets that rest on your pressure points. My aunts use them on cruises instead of meds for that exact reason. You might be able to find them online and maybe someone from home can mail then to you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Quoting grneyedormom:

Try to find motion sickness bracelets that rest on your pressure points. My aunts use them on cruises instead of meds for that exact reason. You might be able to find them online and maybe someone from home can mail then to you.

I think I will look for something like that and pray they work.  Especially since I will be taking the bus through the mountains daily.  Good idea - thanks! :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN