Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Having a issue with my 8 year old daughter!!! need some advice?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:36 PM
  • 11 Replies

OK so sometimes I think my daughter is OCD because she always has to do things over and over again and when playing with her toys she sets them all up nice and then will not play with them, and then when someone goes to play with them she gets mad and says " there going to mess it up" , The issue I been having now with her is she makes her bed all nice but when it is time for bed she will not sleep under the covers.. because she is afraid of messing her bed up and she will ask for another blanket to cover with, it makes no sense to me!! then if her 7 year old brother goes to sit on her bed she freaks out...!!!  What should I do?? anyone have any advice????

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kerrylee39
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:58 PM
I wish i had an answer. Does she say why she doesnt want it messed up? Maybe its phase? Good luck!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thecoffeefairy
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Have you told her it ok and she can make it the next day good as new? Explained to her that messes are ok because we clean them up. It's just a natural part of our day? Show her the messes you make? Your unmade bed for instance.
lovinmybug2006
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My younger cousin is that way and has been diagnosed as OCD. I would speak to her pediatrician and go from there.

EmoMommyFUFU
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Has she had a trauma you do or do not know about. All the OCD people i know tie it back to one but since they never shared with people who could help they tried to live with it and developed OCD. OCD is a coping mecanism in my opinion which isnt professional. I hope you can help your little girl process whatever it is she might be having trouble with. Too many times experts tell parents to dope the kid rather than try to figure the kid out.
TattoomamaPink
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:46 PM
I have showed her a lot of things but she freaks out and thinks everything should be neat but on the other hand shell through trash and stuff under her bed makes no since.....

Quoting thecoffeefairy:

Have you told her it ok and she can make it the next day good as new? Explained to her that messes are ok because we clean them up. It's just a natural part of our day? Show her the messes you make? Your unmade bed for instance.

thecoffeefairy
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Perhaps talking with a councillor would help
wingsfan1234
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:53 PM

I'm not sure.. I'm actually having the same problem with my 6 yr old DD. 

the bed thing.. well when I was younger I'd keep my bed made and use another blanket..lol  just made it easier HAHA  did it until I left the dorms in college!!   

Mommy to two girls here on earth and one in Heaven watching over us

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM
My co workers daughter was finally diagnosed. Started with things like this. If she vacuums her daughter freaks out that the carpet is "hurt" (because you see the lines from the vacuum) and has a melt down. You need to talk to pediatrician and get her refered to a psychologist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roxanna79
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Probably just her little thing right now. Personally I wouldnt worry. Shes at the age that she is developing who she ia. Maybe something she feels in control of.
gottalovedrama
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I wouldn't worry. I have a dd who is 10 and does the same thing. But only with certain things. Her closet looks like bomb explosion but if you try to touch anything on her shelves or desk she flips her lid. Maybe just a phase she is going through. I know my dd works hard on cleaning and straightening so she is proud of herself and doesn't want anyone to touch it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)