Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Thanks for the family vacation help- Update!

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:22 PM
  • 11 Replies
2 moms liked this

Last week I posted about looking for ideas for locations for a great family vacation.  I got a lot of wonderful ideas, thank you so much!  Last night we booked our vacation - yay!  My DH was able to find dates for flights and cruises that matched up, so we are going on a 6 day cruise out of Miami to the Bahamas, Jamaica, and Grand Turk aboard the Carnival Breeze!  I am beyond excited, and so are my kids.  We are also taking my MIL, she is the best, so I'm more then happy  to have her come along and she is always a great help with the kids.  So, we will be on our flights in 30 days exactly :) 

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hiddenidentity6
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Hmmm, whats the temp going to be?

mysweet1s
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Weather.com says around 80 at the end of February/beginning of March, which is perfect for us.  We're from Wisconsin, so we're used to cold - our summers are mostly in the lower 80's.  When I have gone to Mexico in the winter, all I can stand to do is lay around because I'm so hot, lol - I've got 3 kids to keep up with!

Quoting hiddenidentity6:

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Congratulations! I know tons of people that have been on cruises and everyone has enjoyed them. 

hiddenidentity6
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:03 PM

We was going to go on a Cruise but i thought the weather was going to be different maybe we will be going a bit sooner then i thought! lol 

Quoting mysweet1s:

Weather.com says around 80 at the end of February/beginning of March, which is perfect for us.  We're from Wisconsin, so we're used to cold - our summers are mostly in the lower 80's.  When I have gone to Mexico in the winter, all I can stand to do is lay around because I'm so hot, lol - I've got 3 kids to keep up with!

Quoting hiddenidentity6:

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Well thanks to someone's idea from that post my family will be taking a trip to the Mall of America in the next few years!

So to whoever suggested that....A huge Thank You! We are going to make it a two week road trip in about 3 summers, lol. We live in South Louisiana so we will make it a round trip with stops in Memphis, TN, Chicago, IL, and my favorite....Green Bay, WI!!! My husband said we could try to make it around some of the Packers training so that I could go watch my Packers practice. And if we happen to be around during a Chicago Bears baseball game we'll catch that too. 

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Have fun!

mysweet1s
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:09 AM

You love our Packers too???  Green Bay is super fun!  Be sure to take the tour of the stadium, its worth it!  If you are there during training camp, stick around afterwards, the kids from the area bring their bikes down and the players ride them from the practice field to the locker room and often sign autographs...its so stinking cute!  You could also check out Bay Beach,another fun family outting :) 

Quoting countrymomma81:

Well thanks to someone's idea from that post my family will be taking a trip to the Mall of America in the next few years!

So to whoever suggested that....A huge Thank You! We are going to make it a two week road trip in about 3 summers, lol. We live in South Louisiana so we will make it a round trip with stops in Memphis, TN, Chicago, IL, and my favorite....Green Bay, WI!!! My husband said we could try to make it around some of the Packers training so that I could go watch my Packers practice. And if we happen to be around during a Chicago Bears baseball game we'll catch that too. 

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Awesome! I'm glad we were able to give you some ideas! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Awesome! Yes I love the Packers!!! My family isn't happy with me since I've been with black and gold since I was in diapers...haha! But a few years back when my husband was at work one night I was trying to find a good game and I came across the Packers. I liked what I saw then I did some research and found that they really are a great team and I've been hooked ever since. I still cheer for the Saints and I go to games (Green Bay is a little far...hahaha) but my heart is with the Packers. 

Thanks for the tips. I am looking forward to this road trip! So we should bring their bikes then?

Quoting mysweet1s:

You love our Packers too???  Green Bay is super fun!  Be sure to take the tour of the stadium, its worth it!  If you are there during training camp, stick around afterwards, the kids from the area bring their bikes down and the players ride them from the practice field to the locker room and often sign autographs...its so stinking cute!  You could also check out Bay Beach,another fun family outting :) 

Quoting countrymomma81:

tnmommy5
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Sounds great! Have fun and be safe!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)