Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Its Mommy to you.

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:08 PM
  • 22 Replies
Why is my two year old calling me by my first name?She never has before and I dont think she has been around anyone in the last few days that even calls me that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thecoffeefairy
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I tell my kids " you may call me mom"
aprilmcgraw
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:10 PM
I keep telling her that then i ignore her till she does but she gets so mad at me.lol
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:26 PM
2 moms liked this

We never went through that. Instead, we had to deal with our kids calling us "Bay", which is what my husband and I call each other...hahaha!

hollywood74
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:19 PM

damn it as moms we deserve that name MOM! all those months of taking care of baby in belly, then hours n hours of pain, the push, the recovery. everytime she does it, stop her, she'll get it!

lovinmybug2006
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Our son has called us by our first names on occasion since he was able to talk. We answer him just like if he said Mom or Dad. I don't ever say "My name is not Tahra, my name is Mom" because if he ever gets seperated from me I want him to be able to tell someone my name. 

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Kids go through that stage. Eventually they switch back. I never ignored my kids when they used first name. Honestly it never bothered me but they were over the "new knowledge" quick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilmcgraw
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:24 PM
I understand this but she knows my name so I would prefer if she called me mom.Im 30 and I rarely call my mom by her first name.

Quoting lovinmybug2006:

Our son has called us by our first names on occasion since he was able to talk. We answer him just like if he said Mom or Dad. I don't ever say "My name is not Tahra, my name is Mom" because if he ever gets seperated from me I want him to be able to tell someone my name. 

tanper29
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:31 PM
My 4 yr old went thru that. She would call me by my first name or by my nic name Midge. Cus that what her dad calls me. Its a faze. It makes them feel grown up. She'll go back to calling u mom or mommy.
XVAmomma
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I couldn't care less what my baby calls me as long as he shows respect. I don't call him son everytime I call him so why be so stuck on the title? I am his mom he knows that. He is my son and I know that. He can call me chocolate if he shows proper behavior.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:25 AM
This.

Quoting aprilmcgraw:

I keep telling her that then i ignore her till she does but she gets so mad at me.lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)