Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Oops - I am not married to DS's teacher

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:43 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

Made a little mistake yesterday.

DS#1's teacher does most of his communicating with parents via email.  Yesterday, I received two emails from him.  One was quite long, the other was a single sentence with a bunch of attachments.  Everything was in Hebrew - of course.  We have a great program for translating things....but, for some reason that we can't figure out, I can only do a few lines at a time on my computer - DH can translate full sheets on his computer with no problems.  The emails from the teacher only ever come to me....DH is the only one who gets emails from DS#2's teacher so I guess it evens out.  Lol

So I forwarded the first email to DH to translate.  No problem.

I then translated the single sentence on the second email and it is attachments to be used for a research paper the kids are to write.  So I MEANT to forward that email to DH as well so that he can translate the research materials.  And I wrote a single line in my email - "Hon - this is for a research paper, I think". Apparently I sent the second email to DS's teacher instead of DH!!!  I got a reply from the teacher this morning saying he would translate things and send it to me...I am so embarrassed!!!!  Talk about being REALLY friendly with a teacher...I called him "hon"!!!!  And this is the teacher who speaks fluent English...so I'm sure he understood!  OY!!!!!

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
saltlifemama
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:40 AM

LOL! Sorry buti had to laugh. I did that once with a text. It was to dh about holding dinner. It ended up going to my sons soccer coach. Thankfully we are friends but still I was so embarrassed.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:44 AM

Quoting saltlifemama:

LOL! Sorry buti had to laugh. I did that once with a text. It was to dh about holding dinner. It ended up going to my sons soccer coach. Thankfully we are friends but still I was so embarrassed.

Isn't technology great! Lol

story0702
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:50 AM
Hehe I've done that too with texts . So embrasssing !!!

Quoting TableforSeven:

Quoting saltlifemama:

Isn't technology great! Lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Oh my goodness! LOL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Haha! Well I'm sure he got a good chuckle out of it. When I was team mom of my husband's football team I used to get a lot of texts meant for this one lady's husband...lol. Thank goodness none of them were raunchy. 

mommybug77
by Crystal on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Haha.
mysweet1s
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I love it...hilarious, I bet it made his teacher laugh too.  My son has a male teacher.  He called me earlier this year to let me know that DS was not feeling well.  As we were hanging up, I said OUT LOUD "Ok, love you!"  I could have died...we've had many good laughs about it since though :) 

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

well at least you didn't call him baby or sugar plum ! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)