Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

coming home with the head friends

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:16 AM
  • 6 Replies

so this is round 2 in a month my son has come home with the not so friendly head dirt ive done the rit and he's a swimmer so cutting hair is not in the question and ive cleaned and cleaned what else can i do to prevent this again!!! its not like i can let him go to school with dirty hair he's a swimmer so he always has clean hair ---ive done hair spray --gels-- anything else

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:20 AM

tee tree oil - dump a whole bottle in a regular bottle of shampoo , mix well and use daily.   I know people it's done miracles for.

tnmommy5
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I don't know but here's a bump.

LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:28 AM
If he's a swimmer he is better off with a shaved head anyways. The less hair you have as a swimmer the better which is why most Olympians shave their arms, legs, chest, etc. Have you cleaned around his bedding, washed everything, steam cleaned the carpets, gotten a new pillow, etc?

What finally also helped me when DD had them I soaked the RIT in her hair wrapped her hair in a plastic bag and left it in for 15 min. When I pulled it off they all just fell out and none came back.

Lice LOVE clean hair so if your son swims everyday he has a great clean set of hair.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizfnf
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Make sure that he keeps his towels and clothes in his bag/locker when he's swimming.  There's someone he's close to that's infected.  I use Fairy Tales rosemary repel shampoo and leave in conditioner on my kiddo.  She hasn't had any bugs yet.  Ugh this it making me itch.  Good luck to you and I hope you get rid of the pests once and for all.

TKeith12
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:16 AM
It would be better as a swimmer for him to cut his hair but I get that he may not want to. he need to make sure he is not leaving his towel next to anyone else. Soak everything. And You may want to treat everyone in the house and everything. Your room and bed the sofa everything. good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Babypru23
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Thanks I'm going to try the ya tree oil idea---he won't cut his hair he says he's a swimmer/surfer lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN