Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Have any of you?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:34 AM
  • 5 Replies

Have any of you made your own veggie/fruit pouch things?  You know those Gerber Grabber things.  Since hubby and I are going to start TTC #4 I have started to research making baby food. I came across this really cool thing. The pouches I buy for my 2 year old usually cost between 10 for 10 or even upwards of 1.69 for the Organic ones. I can get a box of the disposable pouch bags for 16.00 which have 50 bags in it.  First I like the fact that they are cheaper than even the 10 for 10 deal.  I would know what is going into the pouch with no additives which also makes me happy.  Im sure there are others out there like me who might have already used this cool little thing.

Infantino Fresh Squeezed Squeeze Station

Is the name of it. 

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I have no idea what are the pouch things you are talking about but I made all of DD's baby food - very cheap and very easy to make

mustloveanimals
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I made all my DD's food. I never saw the pouch bags available unfilled, that is awesome that you can buy them! I'll try that for my next one. Thanks for the idea!

AMMOWIFE
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Quoting Jinxed8:

I have no idea what are the pouch things you are talking about but I made all of DD's baby food - very cheap and very easy to make

I just found it on Babies R US. It is called Infantino Fresh Squeezed Squeeze Station. It looks pretty cool.

christineT79
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I just looked that up & they look neat. The system isn't too expensive either. For those of you wanting to make your own baby food the pouch system looks nice for mom's on the go. Babies can suck on those while in the car & they look easy to pack for snacks & meals at daycare. Since I'm a SAHM I don't really need those but I will buy some organic pouches for times when I'm busy or out & about with baby. Otherwise I'm gonna make my baby food & store them in little tupperware containers in the fridge & freezer. Thanks for the idea on the system :)

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:57 AM

We tried to make our own pureed baby food and DD was a total snob about it! LOL as it was, we got her sprout baby foods, so they were still high quality, but we could never get it to the right texture I guess. and back then, only the expensive machines were out. my SIL has a baby bullet and LOVES it! I bet you could find a used one on CL for cheap too. DD is 4 so I know nothing about newer items on the market, but there are certainly more options now than there were 3.5 years ago!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN