Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Pregant and scared

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:12 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hi everyone my name is Patricia and I just found out I am pregnant. I took a test on Jan 18 and it came out positive. I had a blighted ovum about 2 years ago and I am scared it is going to happen again. I have been pregnant a total of 10 times and I have had 4 miscarrigaes this is my 10th pregnancy. I am scared that I am going to miscarry this baby. I have 3 boys and 2 girls so this will be my last one. I am married to a wonderful man who supports e through it all but i just feel so alone. Can someone please help me.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lanesmommy26
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:38 PM

I understand your worry. You just have to trust your mommy instinct. For me, I just knew something was wrong, very wrong when I had my first miscarriage! From the moment the nurse at the hospital (I had a reaction to medication) told my husband and I that I was pregnant, it just didn't fee l right. I made it all the way to 11 1/2 weeks with that pregnancy, then the babies heart just stopped beating, then I lost my third child at 5 1/2 weeks. I have only had one successful pregnancy (my first pregnancy) and I have a beautiful six year old. Now I am battling a host of things from large ovarian cysts, to chronic bleeding...ugh!! I say, trust your instinct. If you honestly think something is wrong, then ask your OB for an early scan to put your mind at ease!!!! Good luck. 

LivinDeadGurl
So busy lately, I am damned near falling asleep sitting up. I think a nap is in order.
Yesterday at 3:54 PM
by Maranda on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:13 PM

((HUGS))

Ambrosia5
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:17 PM
What is your due date? How soon can you get in to see your doctor? I have a similar history - this is my 10th pregnancy as well. I have 4 boys, and have miscarried 5 times. I've never had a blighted ovum, but I know women who have. One of my best friends had one, then immediately got pregnant again and had a healthy boy. That doesn't mean she wasn't terrified until she saw the heartbeat, though. Try to stay positive and see your dr ASAP.
rumps12
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Hello ladies I have my first u/s on the 7th Feb. I am so nervous but praying that everything wil be fine

designstar
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Praying for you!

rumps12
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Well went to the r. an she told me it was to early to see n e thing. I am 6 wks pregnant. I have to go back next wee for yet another u/s I don't know wht to think, I m so nervous now.

rumps12
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Hi Ladies I had a miscarriage on Feb 19 I am so hurt. I have been trying for 2 years and finally got pregnant after my miscarriage and now I have lost yet another baby

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Bribriesmom
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I'm so sorry for your multiple losses.  After my miscarriage I was very nervous and panicked at the anniversary of the loss of my miscarriage.  Make sure you have a doctor that specializes in high risk pregnancies because they will be more sesnitive and treat you better.  I also had a doctor who had a social worker who I was able to talk to because no one who hasn't experienced a loss understands where we go metally when we're pregnant again and doctors can say some insensitive things. I also recommend checking to see if your hospital has a perinatal loss suport group.  There are others who have been in your shoes and to tallk to other women and have your husband connect with the other men could also help you.  I love the group of women I have connected with, but hate the fact we have all lost children. I hope everything goes well with this pregnancy.

billiejo79
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:13 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN