Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Chalkboard paint??

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:33 PM
  • 17 Replies

Anyone ever used it???

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wingsfan1234
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:35 PM

my sister has..lol  as long as you follow the directions EXACTLY how it says it works great

mommybug77
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Never tried it
snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Yep.LOL This was for homeschooling and it is used everyday. I used magnetic primer, which I wouldn't recommend because it doesn't work that good.

It works pretty good. Just follow the directions and make sure you stir it really good. DH used a stir thing that hooks to his drill.
To clean it when you want it totally black,black again, I use a water vaniger mix and wipe it down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ginnygurl97
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Love it!!!!!!! I forget what brand but it was great. Xdh did it w some type of gray base coat/primer and a few thick coats of the paint and it is still there 6 yrs later like it was brand new. I'd do it in my place but I'm in an apartment. :-(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bizkit_fanky
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Looks awesome

Quoting snowangel1979:

Yep.LOL This was for homeschooling and it is used everyday. I used magnetic primer, which I wouldn't recommend because it doesn't work that good.

It works pretty good. Just follow the directions and make sure you stir it really good. DH used a stir thing that hooks to his drill.
To clean it when you want it totally black,black again, I use a water vaniger mix and wipe it down.

mom2one29
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I have used chalkboard spray paint. It actually works really good. Make sure you read the can it has to be sprayed on the right kind of surface.

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:12 PM
I used rustolum brand. (how ever It's spelled LOL) It was like $10 for the can and I still have 1/2 the can left after doing the recommend coats. I used a small roller to put it on.

Quoting bizkit_fanky:

Looks awesome

Quoting snowangel1979:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Yep the whole side of our homeschool bookshelf is chalkboard paint

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I haven't, but I keep seeing it on Pinterest.  What are you trying to use it on?

christineT79
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Never used it but saw it used on tv. It looks cool. I think it would be cool to paint one wall of my dd room with it so she could go to town on it. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)