Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Professional Photography......

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:28 PM
  • 7 Replies
So my DH and I have decided to hire a professional photographer to do outdoor family pics in the next month or two. This will be our first time doing this so we are really CLUELESS!! LOL All of our other family pics have been taken in a studio and i'm tired of it and just want to splurge one time! So here's my question......what kind of poses should we do? We have an 8y/o and 2y/o sons. If any of you have any professional pics please feel free to share them because I have no idea about poses! Help a girl out!
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Bump!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ShanaMomOf2
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:30 AM

I always look at my photographers pics and see if there are any she/he has already done I want. I also play around on the diff sites to find pics I want and save them in phone so while we are taking can do. The silhouettes on hills are always amazing!

bookworm14
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:33 AM
I don't have any pics to show ya, but we had them done last summer. We met at a local garden. There was one really cool tree, we put both kids up on this low branch, then we stood around it. One shot was just the boyfriend and me, we sat on the ledge of a bridge. There were all sorts of cool places to walk around and stand. My sister was the photographer (she's got a business for it), and as we walked thru, she told us where to stand, sit, crouch, whatever. She even did pics as we were walking through, more of a natural thing, rather than posing. It was fun and the pics turned out great!
I wouldn't worry about the poses, unless there's something you really know you want. Let the photog deal with that. Focus on where you want to go that would provide the nice scenery & a good photog will figure out where/how of the posing. Have fun with it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Simply3
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:39 AM
We plan to take some outdoor pictures this spring!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:43 AM

if you have a good photographer he/she should be able to suggest poses  - I've only been in a studio as well sdo can't give you more than that

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Bump

Momof2almost
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Thanks ladies! Sorry it took so long to respond! Yeah, we haven't decided on a photographer just yet but i'm narrowing them down. We have a beautiful garden (HUGE garden) about 10 minutes from my house so I may do them there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)