Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Feelings

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:24 PM
  • 9 Replies

I don't know why but when my MIL is around, I don't want her messing with my son but I'm fine that my parents do. My parents lives 45 mins away from us and my MIL is right next door. Is it normal or not? I know she won't do nothing to hurt him but I can't shake it. Any ideas? Am I the only one?

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
GraceStrickland
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm the same way, I won't leave my kids with my in laws even though they are more or less nice.  Don't force yourself to do things that make you uncomfortable, even if you can't explain it. Sometimes our mind works faster behind the scenes and the rest of us takes longer to catch on, but that doesn't mean there isn't a good reason.  Or, maybe in time you'll feel more comfortable and decide you were neddlessly bothered.  She's an adult, your son is helpless, you the boss Mama, go with your instinct.

ambertreas76
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm the same way. My family can tease my kids but when it comes to MIL it's totally different.... then again she taught them to steal toys from eachothers' hands and not give them back. Thank God we moved 1500 miles from her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DragonMother10
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel sorry for you and I thought we lived close to my mother in law. We couldn't live next door to her. Luckily she is far enough where we won't run into her.
Blakesmom2012
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Yeah it would be nice to live far from her maybe the same distance like I am with my parents. She came over yesterday and today and it's starting to get on my nerves cause she don't ask if I would like to have company, she just takes it upon herself to call and says she is coming over.

Mojitomommy
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:51 PM
I love my in laws !! They have taken my girls over night and out of state . They did a great job with their kids ( and my hubby ) .
DragonMother10
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:48 PM
You need to set some boundaries. Whether she likes it or not.

Quoting Blakesmom2012:

Yeah it would be nice to live far from her maybe the same distance like I am with my parents. She came over yesterday and today and it's starting to get on my nerves cause she don't ask if I would like to have company, she just takes it upon herself to call and says she is coming over.

tnmommy5
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:50 PM
It would be war if I had to see my mil more than once a year. I trust my parents way more.
supastars
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:06 PM
I hate my mil (she is stupid, irresponsible and at times has no respect for the fact that I am my children's mother) but she is the kids' grandma so I try to suck it up make sure she gets to spend sone time with them. I wish she is a better person, but sadly I don't think she'll ever change. If your mil is not horrible, I think you should try to have a better relationship with her. I think a lot of time, we moms just feel better with people we have a good relationship with interacting with our kids vs people we don't have a good relationship with. Grandparents should get to have a relationship with their grandchildren. Imagine how you would feel (if you have sons) and one day have a DIL who won't let you spend time with your grand kids...
Liliana3
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:09 PM
I feel the exact same way! I don't know why but it's fine for my parents to give me suggestions and advice about the baby but when my million does it I take it as criticism and judgement.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)