Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Help! My Dog is.....

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:02 PM
  • 19 Replies

Driving me nuts!!!! It's raining out and he is whaling like gremlins are attacking him! It's not even a huge storm! There is very little thunder/lightning going on....I put him on the back porch because his overly-loud barking is hurting my ears and now he's knocking stuff down as he yells! Seriously! I'm already not feeling well and my nerves can't handle it!!! What is a girl to do?

Through the eyes of a "Teacher Momma " typing

http://www.branyact.blogspot.com/  Let's talk homeschool  

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wingsfan1234
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:04 PM

oh boy do I know what you're going through!!  I'm not sure why buy my mom always seems to pick the dogs that are like that ever since I was a baby!!!  the one she has now literally howls at anything that even remotely sounds like rain its CRAZY even the shower being turned on he starts his howling/barking deal 

kdgord
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this
there are meds you can get from the vet to calm dogs down during storms and fireworks and such.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Go to the vet for doggie Prozac. My parents had to give it to one of dogs when it was thundering or for fireworks.
KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
wrap him in a blanket and put him in a quiet place.. bath room ,or basement .he is afford.have a hart.u can give him a baby aspirin.u have a drink or 3
frstldyhmsch
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Great idea. I'm gonna have to check into that. Thanks hun

Quoting ScrChk23:

Go to the vet for doggie Prozac. My parents had to give it to one of dogs when it was thundering or for fireworks.

frstldyhmsch
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Ya know I kinda wish he was small, It be easier to make him comfy, but he's HUGE! That's what really gets to me...I'm like, dude you're a huge woosie! LOL

Quoting wingsfan1234:

oh boy do I know what you're going through!!  I'm not sure why buy my mom always seems to pick the dogs that are like that ever since I was a baby!!!  the one she has now literally howls at anything that even remotely sounds like rain its CRAZY even the shower being turned on he starts his howling/barking deal 

frstldyhmsch
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM

great idea, but wrapping my huge baby is not working...he just trampled all over it as he went back to bark at the rain LOL...he's crazy, I'm convinced

Quoting KRIZZ25:

wrap him in a blanket and put him in a quiet place.. bath room ,or basement .he is afford.have a hart.u can give him a baby aspirin.u have a drink or 3

tnmommy5
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:29 PM
I'm sorry but no advice.
wingsfan1234
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:38 PM

yeah the one my mom has now is a pure bred Rot!!  biggest baby ever.. everyone is afraid because he's huge yet it's my tiny chihauhau we have to watch!  lol .. we finally got him to where he'll go hid down in the laundry room (unless the washer is on of course)

Quoting frstldyhmsch:

Ya know I kinda wish he was small, It be easier to make him comfy, but he's HUGE! That's what really gets to me...I'm like, dude you're a huge woosie! LOL

Quoting wingsfan1234:

Mommy to two girls here on earth and one in Heaven watching over us

BlsdWithTwOKids
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Quoting kdgord:

there are meds you can get from the vet to calm dogs down during storms and fireworks and such.

Yes this exactly,we had a friend who had a dog who was terrified of fire works they had to give the dog meds so he would not be afraid..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN