Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have guns in your home?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you have guns?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 47

View Results

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Replies (21-30):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:14 PM
No.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy7497
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Yes we do my husband is a government agent and I go shooting with him and we have them locked up. I'm home alone with my 7 month old and 12 year old ds's from 3-4 am so I need to be able to protect my family in case of a home intrusion.
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Quoting SuperPickle:

Yes, but they are all pellet/bb guns....no "real" guns.

DH is looking into a rifle for hunting though.

This is exactly our situation. We've had "real" guns before. But when my husband got laid off and our daughter needed diapers and milk they were the first things he sold. 

He had just started getting into hunting so they didn't mean a whole lot to him at the moment. He's been using other people's guns to hunt so now he wants his own again. 

GraceStrickland
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:20 PM

I agree with this as well, I have lived in DC, Alexandria Virginia, and for a long time philadelphia PA.  If the guns are stored properly then they won't protect you in a pinch, if not, there is a proven higher risk of a misfire killing someone than being saved from perceived danger.

Aaaand I'm also a vegetarian...so....

Quoting christineT79:

I live in the murder capital of the world, one of the most dangerous city's in this country. I see first hand a ton of gun violence so I am pretty anti-gun personally. I don't care what other people do but I can't see owning a gun. In my personal experience I feel that no good can come of having a gun. Too many accidents happen especially with children. I think it would be nice to have one for personal protection but I feel like if someone were to enter my home, by the time I get the gun out of a safe & get the bullets out of a safe & get it loaded it would be too late.

annelauer
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:25 PM
No. I care about the safety of my children too much to endanger them like that.
sallij
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Several, with some, including my duty weapon, loaded and safely stored but easily accessible to me for home defense purposes.
christineT79
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting GraceStrickland:

I agree with this as well, I have lived in DC, Alexandria Virginia, and for a long time philadelphia PA.  If the guns are stored properly then they won't protect you in a pinch, if not, there is a proven higher risk of a misfire killing someone than being saved from perceived danger.

Aaaand I'm also a vegetarian...so....

Quoting christineT79:

I live in the murder capital of the world, one of the most dangerous city's in this country. I see first hand a ton of gun violence so I am pretty anti-gun personally. I don't care what other people do but I can't see owning a gun. In my personal experience I feel that no good can come of having a gun. Too many accidents happen especially with children. I think it would be nice to have one for personal protection but I feel like if someone were to enter my home, by the time I get the gun out of a safe & get the bullets out of a safe & get it loaded it would be too late.

I live in Philadelphia. That should tell ya somthing. The gun violence is so bad here & it's not like I'm gonna go hunting for squerrels or stray cats. lol.

IAMmomtotrips
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:42 PM
This!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Many of all caliburs, shapes, and sizes.

lovebeingamu178
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Guns are ban in my state so no I don't have a gun

mushmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:08 PM
No but I'm not as against it as I used to be.
My dad shot himself in the knee after hearing something during the night when I was 7. Waking to him on a stretcher kinda skewed my views on guns in the house.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)