Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What Age Did You Or Would You Stop Having Kids?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:31 PM
  • 135 Replies

My only child is almost 18. I just turned 36, my husband just turned 44. His daughter is 26, his son is 22. We've been married a little over 2 years. Lately we've had people asking if we're going to have a baby together. At first I was like, "No, absolutely not." But lately I've been feeling like maybe we should. There was a time when I was really wanting a little girl. Now, that urge is coming back.

The thing is, my husband feels as if we're too old. His parents were in their early 40's when they had him, and his mom died while he was still a baby, his dad died when he was in his early twenties. He says he wouldn't want to put his child through that. 

I would never intentionally get pregnant without his approval, but if I did by some chance get pregnant, I would be really happy. I think once he got used to the idea, he would be too.

What do ya'll think? Are we too old?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thecoffeefairy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:32 PM
I had my last one at 20.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:37 PM

I had my last one at 26. My cut off was 30. DH and I want to enjoy our older years without the responsibility of young children. We'd like to travel, tailgate at college football games, and other things that it's not convenient to do with small children. 

ambermario4ever
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I say go for it. You guys are not too old. 

I am done with having my own kids becuase I only want town and I have them. But I do want to adopt an older child or two later on down the road. I a only 25.

KG34
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:40 PM

That's kind of what my husband was talking about. He was saying that with a baby you can't just go out and do things whenever you want. That's true, but we rarely go out and do anything anyway.

Quoting countrymomma81:

I had my last one at 26. My cut off was 30. DH and I want to enjoy our older years without the responsibility of young children. We'd like to travel, tailgate at college football games, and other things that it's not convenient to do with small children. 

chinosruca
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:43 PM
I just turned 36 and just started trying for our last. If I don't get pregnanant this year, I won't try anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:43 PM
3 moms liked this

We had our third when I was 36 and I am know 38 and have had two miscarriages. We are taking a bit of time to emotionally and myself physically heal. I personally see no problem with age. It is when you feel is right for you.

So we will not have any more when we both feel it is the right time for us.

I don't think you guys are too old at all. But like you said you both have to agree about this decision.

A-WAHL
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:44 PM
I am 34 now and pregnant with my 4 th. I am due in August and I will be 35 :-) Dh and I would like to have one more. My stopping point would be 40-45.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherandree
by Inga on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I had my last one at 30.

MomTiara19
Ready for Fall:)
Sunday at 7:15 PM
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Go for it!!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:05 PM

I had my last at 32.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)