Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Age Did You Or Would You Stop Having Kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

My only child is almost 18. I just turned 36, my husband just turned 44. His daughter is 26, his son is 22. We've been married a little over 2 years. Lately we've had people asking if we're going to have a baby together. At first I was like, "No, absolutely not." But lately I've been feeling like maybe we should. There was a time when I was really wanting a little girl. Now, that urge is coming back.

The thing is, my husband feels as if we're too old. His parents were in their early 40's when they had him, and his mom died while he was still a baby, his dad died when he was in his early twenties. He says he wouldn't want to put his child through that. 

I would never intentionally get pregnant without his approval, but if I did by some chance get pregnant, I would be really happy. I think once he got used to the idea, he would be too.

What do ya'll think? Are we too old?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Replies (81-90):
lauraschatz
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this
You are not to old if that is what you really want. I stopped at 35 because I had the two I wanted and knew I was finished having babies. I'm ready to move on from that stage of life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kmt_771
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:33 PM

My last one was at 25.

Thunderbug75
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh he was very happy.  Actually, he was the one who kept bringing up the idea of us having a baby. We have been together for about 15 yrs. I kept putting it off and when we finally decided to start trying we had some problems.   So, after three years of trying we finally had a baby !  And of course BF was thrilled to have a boy.

Cynthje
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I had my first at 29 and my second at 31, we decided to wait till i turn 40 to decide if we are really done, if we are then my husband will get a V.

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I knew I was done when I had my youngest- he will be 4 at the end of May. I will be 38 in July. My ex & I were separated at the time & we have divorced over the past year. I had my tubes tied when I had my c-section because I know #5 was it for me. If I meet someone else who has kids, great. If not & he doesn't want any, awesome. But if he doesn't & wants his own then he is not the guy for me. 

mrjonesii
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:29 PM

mewebb82
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:31 PM
I just had my last 7 weeks ago. I'm 30.
NurseRapunzel
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Im 33 and plan on having them until my body says no. I have two boys so far. ages 12 and 5.

MJP76
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I say to each their own. I'm 36 and would never dream of having another child, just because I really want to travel the world, and plan on taking 6months to a year to do so after my youngest is in college. My kids are 19, 15, and 10. 

However, I will say, if I knew then what I knew now, I probably would have waited to start having kids, when I actually stopped having kids which was when I was 26, because at 26 we were way more financially stable than I was at 17 and 21.

surferlover
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm pregnant with our last. I will be 41 when this lo comes! We also have. a nine month old lo. We stil do everything we did before. because we have older kids who can babysit! Big brotthers are 20 and 17 and big sis is 15. If you are health, go for it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)