Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What Age Did You Or Would You Stop Having Kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

My only child is almost 18. I just turned 36, my husband just turned 44. His daughter is 26, his son is 22. We've been married a little over 2 years. Lately we've had people asking if we're going to have a baby together. At first I was like, "No, absolutely not." But lately I've been feeling like maybe we should. There was a time when I was really wanting a little girl. Now, that urge is coming back.

The thing is, my husband feels as if we're too old. His parents were in their early 40's when they had him, and his mom died while he was still a baby, his dad died when he was in his early twenties. He says he wouldn't want to put his child through that. 

I would never intentionally get pregnant without his approval, but if I did by some chance get pregnant, I would be really happy. I think once he got used to the idea, he would be too.

What do ya'll think? Are we too old?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Replies (111-120):
mhaney03
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

had my last one at 29. my factory is closed.

lovingjx3lild
by Tamika on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Go for it... I had my 2 yr old at 35 I turned 36 that July
SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Had my last one just after I turned 30.  I think the only person who can answer the question of whether you're too old to have children is you.  I am too old to have any more children in my family, but my sister in law just had her first and she's 36, so really, it just depends on you and what you want.  You are still within your childbearing years and in a stable relationship...if you want to and so does your dh, go for it.

longlegs272
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this
girl I had my last baby at 38 and I thought I was going to die I wish I woulda tried a little early then in 38 I have not been right since on top of that I was carrying twins had to do a c-section thinking that's what made it so terrible but I love my babies I'm glad they're here I think the younger the better with the experience that I had good luck if you decide to try
april678
by Mary on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Had my last child in 2009, and in 2010 had a tubal done, and he was # 4.

latopmom
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I just had my last child @ 38. He was definitely a blessing BC I wasn't trying to have anymore but new man, new life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RabsBaby
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:53 AM
2 moms liked this
I had my last son (he's 14 months now) at 37. There's a HUGE age difference between him & my other children (youngest 13 y/o, oldest 23 y/o). He was a "surprise" pregnancy & his Dad was so "NOT" happy that he left. But I have to tell you, it has to be the greatest thing God has blessed me with. I absolutely adore him & though I am a little more tired, it's a totally different experience when you're older. I appreciate him more, enjoy him more & am simply amazed by him. I say go for it!! You're not too old!
upsanddowns
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Ill be having my last at 37. Its ur choice
MIZZ.MOE
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I had my first son when I was 15 he'll be 18 this year my second son when I was 24 he'll be turning 9. We plan to try at the end of the year my cut off will be 35. Hopefully it'll be a girl I don't want to raise anymore boys. My DH already a son plus my 2 boys I'm surrounded by men. 

SoJosMom
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:20 AM
I had my last at 28. If you and hubby want another, I say go for it. You are not too old!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)