Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What Age Did You Or Would You Stop Having Kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

My only child is almost 18. I just turned 36, my husband just turned 44. His daughter is 26, his son is 22. We've been married a little over 2 years. Lately we've had people asking if we're going to have a baby together. At first I was like, "No, absolutely not." But lately I've been feeling like maybe we should. There was a time when I was really wanting a little girl. Now, that urge is coming back.

The thing is, my husband feels as if we're too old. His parents were in their early 40's when they had him, and his mom died while he was still a baby, his dad died when he was in his early twenties. He says he wouldn't want to put his child through that. 

I would never intentionally get pregnant without his approval, but if I did by some chance get pregnant, I would be really happy. I think once he got used to the idea, he would be too.

What do ya'll think? Are we too old?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Replies (131-135):
claucantu
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

i have my last girl at 38. 3 girls 12, 8 and 8 months...

Mom2Troy
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:57 PM

To each his own, but as for me, this will be my last.  I will be 30 when I have this baby and I don't plan on having anymore after that...Our plan was we wanted to finish having kids young so that when they are out of the nest, we were still young enough to do the things that we enjoy doing...

SassyLaLa85
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I was 26 when we had our daughter and decided no more kids.

Shawna510
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I had my last at 35
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
krise
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:47 AM

last one at age 24... DH got snipped we are done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN