Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What Age Did You Or Would You Stop Having Kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

My only child is almost 18. I just turned 36, my husband just turned 44. His daughter is 26, his son is 22. We've been married a little over 2 years. Lately we've had people asking if we're going to have a baby together. At first I was like, "No, absolutely not." But lately I've been feeling like maybe we should. There was a time when I was really wanting a little girl. Now, that urge is coming back.

The thing is, my husband feels as if we're too old. His parents were in their early 40's when they had him, and his mom died while he was still a baby, his dad died when he was in his early twenties. He says he wouldn't want to put his child through that. 

I would never intentionally get pregnant without his approval, but if I did by some chance get pregnant, I would be really happy. I think once he got used to the idea, he would be too.

What do ya'll think? Are we too old?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Replies (91-100):
Shaybay218
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Had my last at 31 but my aunt had my cousin at age 43 she's is 57 now...and she says it's hard because she can't keep up with her daughter being a teenager...

Deanna155
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Not too old at all!   I had my first at 26, second at 30, third at 34, and fourth at 37.  My husband was 45 when our last was born. Go for it!

good

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:33 PM
I'll stop at 75.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soymujer
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I was 30 when I had my last child.  He made four and I didn't want no more.

family in the van   Mom of four

TRS4
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

im 38 and having  a baby so no i bont think u r to old. my oldest is 21  my other 2 r 6 & 3.

2curly
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I had my last child at 37.  

mommyoffarmkids
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I will be 30 when our 2nd and last gets here, my husband is 46, and we have a 6 year old. We tried about a year after son was born to have another and when it didn't happen we just stopped using anything to prevent having another 4 years in we had given up and was happy with an only child our so. Was and is our life, about a year after giving up we are expecting another boy in May. This pregnancy has been so different and I really don't think my body could do it again... My husband is already older than his dad was when his daddy died and hubby was only 16. Hubby worries a lot about leaving our boys too early, but anyone could be in a car wreck and be gone tomorrow so age doesn't really matter as far as all that goes. But we will be doing something permanent on birth control this time, I don't want another 6 years to go by and us find out we are having a 3rd. Hubby was older when we got married (we been married 8 years) and we would love to have some years just the 2 of us lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrspena
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:59 AM
I had my one and only ds at 20. Not by choice though. For some reason I can not conceive. Dh has 2 older girls from his xw though and they are my babies too.
mom2kortni
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:15 AM
I had my last at 28.
Delta.Dawn
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:41 AM

I have 2 kids and done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN