Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Hobbies or Past times?

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm a fractal artist and painter.  I love to do crafty stuff with the kids too.  I want to get into crocheting (I think) but I'm not sure if my OCD would work well with it... lol...

Here's a bit of what I do... share some of your stuff...

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justahousewife
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
All of my jobs are overgrown hobbies, my little barnyard and garden, creating food (not just cooking but making sausages, cheese, pickles, etc.), writing.

This winter I've been devoting my free time to learning how to spin my alpacas wool and knitting socks/hats/ scarves.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:29 AM
That's awesome! :) I love anything to do with birds so one of my hobbies is birdwatching. :)
Pukalani79
by Kris on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I'm learning how to weave

anotherandree
by Inga on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

That is REALLY cool!

My passion is the environment and I read/research and try to apply as much to our family as I can.  My hobby is sewing and that overlaps my environmental passion.

ambertreas76
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Love birdwatching.  We've got eagles, hawks and swallow-tailed kites that live in the field across the street from the house and a very large tree in our front yard.  The hawks will land on the swingset in my yard and hang out.  No field mice issues here!!!

Quoting KylesMom409:

That's awesome! :) I love anything to do with birds so one of my hobbies is birdwatching. :)

ambertreas76
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Weave?  Like basket weaving?  That would be really neat to learn!

Quoting Pukalani79:

I'm learning how to weave

ambertreas76
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Those must be sooo soft and warm.  Alpaca wool is awesome!

Quoting justahousewife:

All of my jobs are overgrown hobbies, my little barnyard and garden, creating food (not just cooking but making sausages, cheese, pickles, etc.), writing.

This winter I've been devoting my free time to learning how to spin my alpacas wool and knitting socks/hats/ scarves.

Marimaru
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I haven't really drawn in years, but I want to get back into it.  Other than that, I do a little crocheting, and play too many video games, lol.

ambertreas76
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Ahhhh... video games RARAROCK!!  I love playing rpgs!

Quoting Marimaru:

I haven't really drawn in years, but I want to get back into it.  Other than that, I do a little crocheting, and play too many video games, lol.

nurse-mommy
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a musician- I play clarinet, flute, saxophone and piano. I also sing and write music.
Other than that I run and have a vegetable garden.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)